The Senior IT Systems Support Engineer will primarily support both hardware and software related needs for an end user community of approximately 200 users in a manufacturing environment. This role will be the main escalation point onsite for all end user computing needs at 3 sites in the UK. This hands-on role requires supporting the Infrastructure as well as direct interaction with a diverse user base including shop floor employees, engineers, office workers, etc.
Specific Responsibilities: Below highlights key responsibilities, but is not all inclusive:
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Characteristics
• Passion for providing world class service to your end user community
• Proven analytical and technical skills
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the capability to work with customers at all levels
• Proven ability to identify process improvement opportunities, develop recommendations and document processes
• Proven ability to work as a team player in a cross-functional team environment
• Exceptional work ethic
• Be customer centric and have the interpersonal skills necessary to manage business and technology relationships with internal and external clients
• Must be able to follow defined processes and develop processes where lacking
• Must be able to multi-task, as the support environment requires attention across multiple areas.
• Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required by position and assignments (The company employs IT resources across the globe, and many projects are done after hours and/or on weekends)
• Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated and be able to work independently. Good analytical, organizational, problem solving and follow-up skills with the ability to meet time sensitive deadlines.
• Prior experience supporting an Engineering organization
• Prior experience supporting a high tech manufacturing organization
• Experience working with VMWare
• Extensive experience working with Windows 7
• Extensive experience working with O365
• Prior experience working with Oracle ERP (getting users setup, basic troubleshooting, etc.)
• Understanding of networking technologies
• Experience with Help Desk software (KACE preferably)
• Experience working with client imaging and software deployment products
• Experience working in an IT environment that leverages both external and internal resources
• Experience working with Active Directory
• Experience using SQL Server a plus
• Experience working with Dell client and server hardware
• A minimum of 7 years hands on experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, IT or related field preferred
• Prior hands on SOX experience interfacing with external auditors would be a bonus
• Travel up to 40% primarily within the UK
After hours support as required
• Mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
• Ability to use vison to read computer screen and read printed materials.