IT SUPPORT ENGINEER
Reporting to the Head of IT
Squint Opera are a creative company, a large and talented team crafting extraordinary and unique work across many disciplines – from video content and animation, to interactive exhibitions, branding, websites, design, games and strategy.
We work across different sectors, from the built environment, to arts and culture, children’s entertainment, events and placemaking. Our goal is to always produce great work, and to have fun.
Like other media companies we have a large IT footprint, lots of different software and tools, and a large render server farm. The IT team therefore needs to expand to provide support and maintenance as our IT footprint increases.
We are looking for a 2nd/3rd line Technical Support Engineer to provide pro-active support to our production team working across a broad range of technologies. You will be relied upon to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues including account setup and network configuration. The role involves 1st line support to 3rd line support, must have can do attitude along with good communication and technical skills. In this role you will have a problem-solving attitude along with the ability to give clear technical instructions. Office based full-time role, occasional weekend work will be required and compensated with time off in lieu.
- Addressing user tickets regarding hardware, software and networking
- Build and install PCs, Macs, telephone systems, wireless networks and peripheral devices related to desktop infrastructure
- Manage and deploy software licenses
- Maintain installations with routine maintenance
- Manage and troubleshoot conferencing solutions (Webex, Zoom, Skype etc.)
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritise and manage several open issues at any one time
- Tracking issues through to resolution
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to Head of IT & Production Director
- Keeping IT records up to date and accurate
- Document technical knowledge in the form of standards
- Move computers and desks when needed, oversee office moves
- Thrives in a varied, people facing role
- Natural problem solver
- Excellent communicator
- Pro-active and responsive
- Friendly and helpful
- Organised and methodical
Qualifications / Experience
- >3 years experience as a IT Support Engineer or similar role in a creative production or post-production environment
- Hands on experience with Windows /Mac OS environments
- Microsoft Server, up to 2016 / 2019
- Active Directory / Group Policy
- Experience of Deployment tools like Microsoft SCCM
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Ability to provide step by step technical help, both written and verbal
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications
- Familiarity with FTP
- Experience of some level of Security/Firewall devices
- Performing Tape Backup & Restore using Backup Exec.
- Centrally Managed Antivirus
- Office365 or Google Gsuite experience
- Basic networking and patching
- Relevant certifications (e.g. MCP, MCSE, ITIL)
- Degree in relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Networking, Information Systems)
- Any experience with Linux systems will be a plus.
Salary: £28,000 to £35,000 depending on experience.
09.30 – 18.00 Mon – Friday with 1 hour for lunch
Please send your CV and salary expectations in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org