Technical Consultant - Modern Workplace & End User Computing
The role of the Technical Consultant is a hands -on technical position within SystemsUp and requires experience and practical knowledge of all forms of modern workplace technologies and solutions for end users.
Our key technologies are the extensive Office 365 full collaboration suite and Windows 10 modern workspace solutions and associated technologies such as SCCM, Intune, security. Knowledge of and a commitment to modern public cloud technologies such as Azure is also key.
These key areas will develop and grow based on vendor direction and customer requirement.
The Technical Consultant will hold appropriate Microsoft (as well as other vendors) accreditations in relation to pre-sales and have experience and technical skills in the delivery of complex transformational programmes, with previous experience as an SME in one or more technology areas.
Flexibility and agility must be a part of their personal skills as well as a proper understanding of correct process and adherence to quality principles, offering any advice and recommendations on improvements that could be made.
Main Duties of the Job:
- Understanding of a customer’s technical requirements and aspirations in relation to technology; designing and implementing the design of technology solutions for customers and acting as a trusted advisor to our customers.
- Build excellent documentation, designs, implementation and migration plans using the input of others as required and spelling out clearly our desire to deliver customer outcomes.
- Play a part in workshops and meetings in a professional and engaging manner with the achievement of mutually desired solution outcomes.
- Technical ownership of the design and implementation, including supporting technologies.
- Maintain a broad understanding of vendor technologies products, an understanding of their architectural principles and, where appropriate, high level solution design skills and pre-sales accreditations in these products.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of industry standards relevant to the role and relevant vendor technology roadmaps.
- To obtain and maintain technical accreditations as required by management in accordance with the guidelines provided by manufacturers and software vendors.
- At all times to provide a courteous service and professional approach to customers and to the delivery of allocated tasks as required.
- Support presales activity as required in support of the Solution Architecture and Sales teams both within SystemsUp but also in support of the wider group (iomart and Cristie Data) such as attending meetings, writing or contributing to proposals, statements of work, contributing to RFP responses, contributing to business case materials and cost models.
- To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in order to maintain corporate ISO accreditation levels.
Technical Consultant: Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hand on experience in designing and implementation of a broad range of technology solutions related to the following; modern workplace, hybrid/public/private cloud, networking, storage, security.
- Experience in contributing to proposals, statements of work, RFP responses, business cases, cost models and leading the review process.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, enabling the presentation of complex technical solutions.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a customer facing technology focused organisation.
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience as an SME in one or more relevant technology areas
- Ability to mentor and team work alongside other technical staff to help develop their skills and role.
- Team player but with the ability to work unaided.
- Professional appearance and manners.
- Positive and constructive attitude in all work-related matters.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work at pace within a fast-moving environment.
Location: London and extended Home Counties. Home based but with travel throughout the UK and occasional overnights