Job Title:Senior Java Developer (UK)
We’re looking for an energetic, passionate and inquisitive person to help form our new Costa Rica engineering team helping to define, extend, maintain and support our existing applications and to drive their evolution to meet the challenges of the future.
The successful applicant will work closely with peers locally, in other regions and across functions, utilizing online and remote collaboration tools to deliver meaningful change.
Package and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Fully paid Annual Leave
- December bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Friendly working environment
Attributes and Experience Required:
- Strong working knowledge of Java, including the following technologies and best practise: Core Java 1.8, Spring (Framework, MVC, Security, REST etc), Hibernate (Validator etc), and Test driven development practices
- Competent experience with SQL using MySQL/MariaDB
- Strong communication skills, ability to collaborate, coordinate, show attention to detail and follow a task through to completion
- Experience with analysing requirements, investigating business needs, and designing responsive solutions
- Willingness to dive into live technical issues to provide support and issue resolution
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on working experience
- Minimum 2.2 degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent)
- Experience with maintaining, extending, supporting, and modernising an ever-growing application
- Passion for learning and problem solving in both technical and business areas
- Comfortable with using the following tools: Eclipse IDE, Maven, Mercurial, Git and Atlassian suite of collaboration and development tools
- Background in Payroll or other financial domains
- Experience using Java libraries for the parsing and manipulation of PDF documents, Excel documents, XML, XSL transformation
- Experience with implementing and integrating systems using SSO (SAML, OAuth)
- Experience in website security
- Experience working with Docker
- Experience working with NoSQL databases such as Mongo
- Analysis and Design
Daily Duties and Main Responsibilities Will Include:
Our main software project is a large Java web application. The application’s key functions and responsibilities focus on:
- Collaboration and Control of the flow of data and processes between people and systems
- Integration of data from various sources, both automated and manual; into an aggregated data warehouse
- Extracting, formatting, and transmitting data to third-parties
- Processing of stored and incoming data to produce new data, and add value to existing data
- Internationalisation to support business users around the world
All the above has been developed over many years, contains a high degree of bespoke code and complexity. There is a great deal of domain knowledge to master that will come from working well with others in the teams. This is an ongoing support role which can involve very complex investigations and collaboration with various areas of the business.
- Analysis of requirements, technical design and implementation into usable functionality
- Documentation of new or updated functionality as released
- Technical support of existing functionalities once launched into production environment
- Upholding code standards and best practices through code reviews, refactoring efforts, and peer mentoring
- Identifying solutions to existing or upcoming issues, presenting realistic solutions and championing priorities
CloudPay provides managed global payroll services to multinational companies through a single, unified SaaS solution. By delivering end-to-end managed payroll services through an innovative platform, CloudPay ensures consistent and compliant payroll around the globe while reducing operating costs and manual processes.
The CloudPay solution is backed by deep industry expertise earned over 20+ years delivering services to more than 2,400 multinational entities. CloudPay’s solution guarantees accurate payroll processing across 120+ countries in more than 25 languages.
To learn more, visit cloudpay.net.