SC Application SME- Deep Secure Web Guard (DSWG)- Windows/Linux
A fantastic opportunity for an Application SME to work in contract for a major organisation near to Glasgow.
You will work on the design documentation for Deep Secure Web Guard application and everything that comes with this, user access, certificates, DOA Ability to integrate a product into the client environment and complete the documentation.
* An Application SME to take advice from others (Linux/ Windows/ AD/ Networks/ Certs/ Deep Secure) and work out how to deliver this application and write the design.
* For user access to make changes to the application: - The management application needs to communicate with the application and authenticate it, the application SME works this process out and get advice from AD/ PKI on how this can be done given the platform that has been put down for these technologies and the SME needs to get the application to integrate with these platforms.
* The SME should be able to design and put a process in place to allow support staff to access the application. This application requires a user cert to be generated and this cert to be stored in the user local store and installed on the Deep Secure application. End user to have sufficient privileges on the server (DoA model) to be able to carry out the desired tasks.
* Documentation - LLD, IG, OG for the application
* Describe the traffic flows
* User access to the application via Clear Point
* Security requirements for DoA, auditing, monitoring
* Support Model for this application
* Build out in DEV / PreProd / Prod
* Handover to RUN
* This role is designed and functioning to support the Transition and Transformation programs
* Collaborates with other SMEs and Lead Engineer
* Application to be delivered on time/on budget per Plan of Record
* More than 5 years of experience in IT program/project and Document designs.
* Proven ability to write technical documentations (designs and development).
* Knowledge of Linux (Red Hat), Window.
* Understanding of virtual and physical server infrastructure capacity, scaling and operation.
* Strong Windows administration, hardening and troubleshooting experience
* Degree in IT Engineering or Computing Network
* Knowledge of Microsoft.
* Demonstrates the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing.
* Ability to conduct/lead oral status/technical interchange meetings with customers on small to medium sized engagements.
* Ability to work with a team to provide written responses to technical proposals and /or reports/documentation for delivery to tech lead/project manager.
* Leading the development and delivery of specific project work packages including the installation, configuration and administration of UNIX/Linux Operating Systems.
* Demonstrates an indepth understanding of unit testing and configuration & defect lifecycle management. Awareness of ITIL and/or CMM practices and processes.
* Demonstrates an advanced understanding of UNIX and Linux operating systems, boot sequence, run levels, service enabling/disabling server customisation.
* Demonstrates an advanced understanding of patching procedures and strategy
* Demonstrated advanced level of developing/debugging shell scripts csh/ksh/bash/perl
* Indepth understanding of Networking services NIS/NIS+/DNS/TCPIP/Samba
* Understanding of web server management and configuration, Apache
* Demonstrates experience of significant upgrades, both operating systems and bespoke configurations across a wide area network with ability to work under pressure in a time constrained situation
* Exposure to Storage connectivity technologies, SAN, iSCSI
Reports directly to the Lead Engineer on the Project and has a status report responsibility to the Workstream Manager