Purpose of Job
This is a newly formed role and we will look to the successful candidate to adapt with the changing needs
- This role will be responsible for ensuring that all IT services are successfully delivered across the Gallery by maintaining the IT environment including; supporting the technical systems, system upgrades, interfaces and customisations, infrastructure, applications, help desk support, security and IT governance.
- In addition, this role will assist the IT & Systems Manager in identifying opportunities to ensure the technology, systems and tools used are fully integrated and embedded throughout the Gallery, with a view to maximising performance, optimising efficiency and creating a sustainable platform for future growth.
- To support with the Gallery’s CRM & Ticketing system (Tessitura)
- Provide dedicated first line IT support to users across the organisation both in person, online and on the telephone in a professional manner as required.
- Communicate updates and set clear service expectations with various departments and service customers.
- Ensure all service requests and incidents are successfully and accurately recorded and managed in the Service Desk's incident management system.
- Identify, categorise, prioritise, diagnose and resolve ICT service incidents and service requests including but not limited to software, hardware, operating systems (windows and Mac), Microsoft Office 365, printers, scanners, telephone systems and a range of software applications across the Gallery.
- Prioritise and deal with the Incidents and service requests according to agreed business significance or customer needs.
- To liaise with the Gallery’s outsourced IT provider and to be the first point of contact for them at the Gallery
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to IT & Systems Manager where necessary.
- To create user accounts and reset passwords ensuring that the correct permissions and data security are applied. This entails dealing with confidential information ensuring full compliance with the data protection act.
- Feedback to wider team on ticket trends or common issues occurring
- Maintain asset and change management records, including software licences, and technical specifications information.
Infrastructure and Servers:
- Administration and monitoring of DPG network for security and performance purposes Including Switches, Firewall, Servers, web-filters, anti-virus and reporting tools.
- Administration and monitoring of DPG Virtual IT environment, Office/Exchange 365 and monitoring of backups.
- Monitoring and maintaining the on-premises servers including but not limited to domain controller, back-up servers, data servers, Proxy servers, online back-ups and VPN.
- Provide support to IT & Systems Manager with WAN/LAN, Fibre cable over Ethernet (FCoE), routing, switching, IP protocols, DNS and DHCP.
- Provide Gallery wide support with setting up events and exhibitions on Gallery’s ticketing system (Tessitura) based on various needs of other departments.
- Assist with configuration settings and amendments as required as instructed by the line manager.
- Raise any support issue on the ticketing software with the Tessitura support team and following it through to the resolution.
- Provide Gallery wide training on Tessitura to new and existing staff. Enable staff to use Tessitura effectively and efficiently.
- Support with the ticketing software upgrade including UAT, regression testing and bug reporting.
- Provide support with producing queries and reports to meet the requirements of these teams, or be able to assist their staff in producing their own reports and build their capacity for doing so
System upgrades and projects
- Provide support to the IT & Systems Manager with the system upgrades, projects and other regular maintenance tasks as required
- Install, test and maintain desktop, laptops, mobile devices, audio-visual equipment and other IT and infrastructure related devices as necessary.
- Assist the IT & Systems Manager in maintaining and testing the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan from an IT and network infrastructure perspective.
- Ensure compliance with data protection (GDPR) and other Gallery’s security and IT policies.
This job description is not exhaustive and the postholder may be required to perform other duties as may be reasonably determined by the role’s line manager, the Head of Operations & IT or the Gallery as circumstances require.
IT Project Management, Computer-Network Security, Database Development-Administration, Administrative Support
Salary Range: Band C £25,250 per annum to £30,300 per annum