You will take the day-to-day lead on all our business systems including Finance, HR, and Housing Management, working closely with the IT Team and key stakeholders from across the organisation to design, develop and maintain systems ensuring effective service delivery that meets our organisational needs.
- Day to day management of the association’s SQL database systems including monitoring, performance, backup and maintenance, report writing and fault remedy.
- Lead on the design, scoping and development of data reporting through the use of Microsoft SSRS & SSIS.
- Assist the IT Manager in the service delivery of business system data and analysis including advising on industry best practice, data security, integrity and optimising performance, and provide approval on database design functional specifications.
- Accountable for the definition, design, implementation and continuous improvement of pro-active monitoring and alerting of thresholds in database efficiency and performance, and as required, undertaking remedial actions.
- Control and monitor user access to the database, monitoring and optimising the performance of the database, planning for backup and recovery of database information, maintaining archived data, backing up and restoring databases and contacting database vendor for technical support.
- Creating complex query definitions and data driven subscriptions that allow data to be extracted and communicated in a controlled and secure manner and guide technical colleagues as required on best practice/how to input and extract data.
- Adhere to Data Architecture and Information Security controls thereby sustaining the security and integrity of the data.
- Day to day management of the associations housing management and finance accounting system, and HR software ensuing optimal performance, application of updates/software fixes and maintenance of integration with other business systems.
- Ensure that all information security requirements, including data protection, are met in accordance with the association’s policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that health and safety requirements are met in accordance with the association’s policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
- Diagnose, research and identify solutions with the support of the other IT members and third party software, hardware and network providers.
- Provide second line helpdesk support to assist the IT team.
- Develop and maintain administrative processes and systems with regard to the IT systems ensuring that records and documentation is accurately maintained.
- Develop and maintain expertise in the Association’s software packages and applications.
- Visit other Impact sites, as required, to provide IT support.
- Provide support and training to staff in the use of Impact’s computer systems.
- Participate in cross-functional working groups and reviews.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of computer procedures throughout the Association.
Database Development-Administration, General-Other: IT-Software Development
£32,574 p.a. - £36,156 p.a. (depending on experience)