ARE YOU A BUDDING LINUX GURU WITH A STRONG CUSTOMER FOCUSED BACKGROUND?
Glencoe Software delivers innovative, scalable, easy-to-use scientific image data solutions for its clients. We make the viewing, sharing, analysis and management of large sets of images and metadata easy and accessible to everyone in your team or organization.
Glencoe’s products are utilized in several world-leading academic labs, biotechs, pharmas, and CROs. We also enable data publication for some of the largest publishers in the world. We combine world-beating technology and expertise with dedicated, reliable customer support.
Glencoe operates worldwide and is now looking for vibrant, thoughtful and motivated Systems Administrator based in the UK to setup and administer OMERO installations for new projects in Digital Pathology and elsewhere. Responsibilities include:
- Installation, maintenance, and monitoring of physical and virtual Linux systems
- Maintenance of filesystems and storage infrastructure
- Upgrades, maintenance and configuration of an OMERO system
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience dealing with end users and customer support
- Experience with Linux based operating systems (CentOS/RHEL/Ubuntu)
- Experience with configuration management (Ansible/Puppet/Salt)
- Experience with virtualization and container technologies (VMware/Xen/KVM/Docker)
- Experience with scientific applications
- Experience with OMERO
- Experience with source code control systems (Git, Subversion, CVS, etc.)
INTERESTED IN JOINING US?
This position is for staff based in the UK only and is available immediately. Remote working is possible for the right individual. Show us the goods by sending your CV to email@example.com