Job Title: Associate Partner Technology (Infrastructure)
Salary: £26,999 - £30,507 (F Grade), £31,371 - £34,788 (G Grade) depending on experience
Hours: 36.25 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Location: Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service Headquarters
146 Bolton Road, Swinton, Manchester, M27 8US
Closing date: 31st May 2019 at 17:00
Greater Manchester Combined Authority are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer. The successful candidate will have good knowledge of ICT Infrastructure, including the design, implementation, transition, support and documentation of new systems and services.
You will be heavily involved in the day to day business as usual work relating to the ICT Infrastructure, including such tasks as building and administering servers, maintaining the virtual and physical server backups, configuring and responding to alerts, providing support to the 1st and 2nd line teams, working on support incidents and requests. Plus, the general maintenance and administration of the Infrastructure toolset.
There will be an expectation for you to divide your time up to work on small, medium and large projects when required.
Examples of upcoming and current projects include: an Office 365 migration, a SharePoint Online migration, a desktop refresh, a multi-site DMZ implementation, a MFD refresh and a Windows 10 migration.
You will have:
· Been educated to degree level or have proven relevant experience within ICT Infrastructure
· Proven experience working within a 2nd and 3rd line support team
· Proven experience of technical research, design, implementation, transition and support across a wide range of technologies.
· Proven experience of building, managing and maintaining a virtual and physical server infrastructure, including web servers
· The ability to provide 3rd line technical support to the organisation with the ability to act as the ‘last line’ of internal technical support for the organisation, working with technology vendors and 3rd party support teams when required
· A good proven understanding of cloud technology and web facing infrastructure
· Proven experience leading on project work relating to Infrastructure
· An understanding of IG and ICT security standards
· Proven experience managing and administering a broad technical infrastructure toolset
· The ability to produce or improve documentation to a high standard to support newly implemented Infrastructure solutions
· The ability to transition new solutions in an effective and well documented way to others within the support team.
· The Ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of administering, enterprise class, Microsoft based technology covering a number of the following key areas:
· Exchange On-Prem and Online
· System Center Configuration Manager
· System Center Operations Manager
· IIS Server
· ADFS, WAP and routing and remote access
· All current and supported Windows Server and Workstation Operating Systems
· Identity Management
· Direct Access
· Print Server
· In-depth experience of AD-DS and Group policy
· Data Protection Manager
· Good proven experience of backup and DR technologies
· Good proven knowledge and experience of web facing infrastructure, TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, DMZ, etc
· Excellent proven knowledge of VMware and NetApp technology, including VMware 6.5 and ‘Data on Tap’
· The ability to work and respond quickly to the pressures of a fast paced and diverse organisation that is embracing multi-agency working and becoming highly collaborative
· Experience managing incidents/requests passed over from the Service Desk, providing first class technical support/solutions and escalating calls where appropriate, working within an ITIL environment
The following will be an advantage:
· Some understanding of the Agile or PRINCE2 Project methodologies
· Some experience creating low and high level technical design documents
· Experience administering a Solarwinds monitoring platform
· Some experience with LAN/WAN technologies
· Experience using network load balancers and understanding of Cisco and or Palo Alto technology, including firewall administration and switching
· Experience administering the security of systems; ensure they comply with existing organisational standards, considering the Data Protection Act and any other relevant legislation
The Digital Services team manage and support the Greater Manchester Combined Authority’s ICT infrastructure technology and systems environment.
· Lead the Digital, Data and Technology function and strategy for GMCA
· Set and enforce standards for digital services including considerations of data security
· Help the business to choose the right solution and technology, keeping the context of partnership in mind
· Provide guidance and advice for consistent, coherent, high quality digital services
· Support North West Fire Control who provide a service to GMFRS as well as Cheshire, Lancashire and Cumbria.
We employ around 38 staff, mostly based in Fire and Rescue Services HQ, 146 Bolton Road in Swinton. We also support the GMCA HQ at Churchgate house, Oxford Street, Manchester and 47 Fire stations, Training Centres and Data Centres across greater Manchester.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Ben Lancaster (email@example.com)
As an employer, the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) is made up of a number of key Greater Manchester strategic functions and service providers including; Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS); waste; environment; work and skills; research; public sector reform; police, crime and criminal justice; homelessness; the Greater Manchester Ageing Hub and the Commissioning Hub.
We value the diversity of our employees, and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities across Greater Manchester. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals, irrespective of people's age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances. We have guidance in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability.
The GMCA is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
To find out more about working for us please click here https://www.greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk/
Employees on the redeployment register will be given priority for any vacancies in the first instance. If employees are identified as a match from the register then the vacancy may be withdrawn or put on hold pending an outcome.