Job Title: Senior Database Administrator
Reports To: Development Manager
Job Type: Contract
Main Purpose of Role:
To perform DB maintenance which would include, performance analysis / tuning, security audits and a data schema review. Must have a proven track record in the role of DBA.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a hands-on role where your responsibilities will include, but are not solely limited to the following:
- DB Performance analysis and tuning both Production and Testing environments.
- Security audits i.e. review and update user access to all DBs across all servers (testing and production), review access logs and ensuring passwords are of appropriate strengths.
- General consultancy and advisement on best practices.
- Ad-hoc projects.
Must be fluent in the following:
- SQL Server 2014.
- Always-On Availability Groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The confidence to express ideas as part of a creative team.
- A clear and genuine interest in technological trends.
- The ability to meet deadlines and think strategically.
- A passionate approach to work with a desire to push boundaries.
- The ability to explain technical jargon to peers.
- Honest, reliable, dedicated and hard working.
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the "Apply" button below.
Database Development-Administration, General-Other: IT-Software Development, Network and Server Administration