A Global House Hold Name currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer to join their established but rapidly expanding Tech Practice.
As a 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer you will provide a escalation path for the 2nd Line Analysts and to investigate / resolve complex issues covering infrastructure including liaising with vendors in supporting applications.
- Actively manage the patch management cycle for all systems including network devices, where appropriate liaise with business and 3rd parties
- Provide hands-on technical infrastructure configuration support across the IT landscape, hardware patching and vulnerability management.
- Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company's desktop computing environment.
- Be the escalation point for 2nd Line support staff. In addition to this you will actively participate in team and department meetings to drive continuous improvement and improve business satisfaction.
- Troubleshoot Servers physical and virtual and related hardware and software in order to deliver required infrastructure service levels.
- Work on Projects as required, supporting the PM in the Project delivery; build deployment, including providing technical advice.
- Working knowledge of virtual environment (Vmware and Citrix)
- Networking Knowledge; CISCO, Switches, LAN, VOIP etc
- Excellent technical knowledge of Microsoft technologies, Server OS, AD, DNS, DHCP, IIS, WSUS etc.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards, Active Directory skills
- Some experience of Security Monitoring tools.
- Some Knowledge of perimeter and host security intrusion techniques.
- Knowledge of backup tools
**Should the above be of interest, please apply immediately to receive a more detailed job spec**