Job Title: IT Technician
Salary: £13.76 p/h
Contract: 3 Months
This is a fantastic opportunity to join part of Cambridge's oldest and world famous institution for a period of 3 months. You will be joining one of the Departments based in Cambridge, as an IT Technician.
* Install and maintain Windows, Mac and Linux desktop systems. Replace faulty Cisco switches, routers and network components.
* Advise staff on all aspects of University IT policy and purchasing of hardware and software. Install and maintain desktop computers and software to Institute standards.
* Respond to staff requests for assistance and record/resolve all hardware/software and configuration related faults.
* General maintenance of patch cabling, telephone extensions. Maintain DHCP and DNS records.
* Install maintain and configure Linux compute clusters and Slurm resource manager.
* Make decisions on procurement and implementation, ensuring budgets are met and research work is not interrupted.
* Liaise with the University Computing Service regarding IP address allocation, software licencing, fault reporting, telephone system management and email addresses.
* Maintain data projectors and AV equipment
* Responsible for development and maintenance of Institute websites and management of content.
* Educated to degree level in an IT related discipline.
* Experience of automated software and image deployment.
* Familiarity with NetApp data storage systems, Oracle databases and ZFS file system.
* Understanding of TCP/IP networks, including DNS, DHCP, variable length subnets, IP access lists and network address translation.
* Ability to configure web servers and maintain web content.
* Web development using PHP, MySQL Apache.
* Understanding of AV and presentation technology
* Ability to summarise technical language into plain language.
* Organised and able to stay calm under pressure
CCNA qualification is strongly preferred as well as scripting ability using Python, PHP or PERL.
If this sound like the perfect role for you please apply following the link. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in a highly regarded workplace.