My client are looking for high calibre test engineers to work on the testing of their network adapters, firmware, drivers and kernel bypass software. You will design, write, execute and support comprehensive test cases using modern test frameworks, based on defined and extrapolated use cases.
Working closely with a development team during the test cycle of my clients products, you will be using their home grown tool chain to run literally tens of thousands of test cases, analyse the results, and dig deeper into the issues found to gain an understanding of the problem.
- Typically a degree or HND in a relevant technical subject (Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or Physics) or equivalent qualification or substitute relevant experience
- Experience in a software test role (typically at least 5 years)
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organization
- Ability to configure Linux and Windows systems
- Good understanding of PC architecture
- Solid bug reporting / triage skills
- Experience of protocols - TCP, IP, UDP, ICMP, ARP
- Proven commercial experience developing in Python or C (or other languages relevant to project)