Junior Data Analyst / Data Scientist / Finance Data Analyst / Developer - Finance
circa £30-35k Plus pension, healthcare, 28 days holiday
We are looking to hire a Data Analyst / Developer to join our finance team in Hertfordshire to support the Head of Data Analysis in developing key financial dashboards and reporting packs, and engaging with the wider business to analyse macro and micro drivers behind company performance.
- Work closely with the business to understand requirements and develop best in class dashboards and visualisations to help drive company performance.
- Take ownership of the Quarterly Forecasting pack in Power BI, including creating and testing all new measures in DAX,
and providing assistance and training to the wider business where needed
- Liaise with IT to manage the Finance Data Warehouse (built on MS SQL Server with KPIs in MS Analysis Services)
- Produce a range of reports using Power BI on a monthly basis to analyse overall company and financial performance
We're looking for
- Excellent working knowledge of excel, including power pivot/view
- Experience in using scripting languages for prior work (ie VBA/Python for automation) and ability to adopt new languages
- Analytical thinker with a passion for analysing numbers to draw insight
- Excellent communication and leadership skills to be able to proactively engage with the wider business and spearhead
- Understanding of statistical analysis, knowledge of R is a bonus