In the last two years, new leadership at ScreenSkills has reshaped the organisation and refocused our strategy on the screen industries, clarifying our purpose and value. Our mission is to lead on building skills and talent, creating a properly inclusive workforce to power sustainable growth for the UK’s screen industries.
Our Board and Advisory Councils comprise committed senior industry leaders from across the screen sector – film, television, visual effects, animation and games – representing large and small organisations across the UK
Work with the Head of Finance, Finance Director and Senior HR & Office Manager to review, develop and document the Ops/IT strategy including conducting financial and non-financial analysis.
- Review external IT service providers and other external core resources (contractor, consultants) - establish work schedules and budgets, monitor output, ensure that work is documented, and any operation tasks are validated
- Work with the business to review their IT / Operational requirements and processes, seeking feedback to deliver documented service/delivery solutions. Recommend actions to have effective and efficient processes.
- Work with Finance to review IT/Ops budgets and expenditure - update budgets, review current expenditure against budget
- Project managing any new Operations and IT initiatives for the business, and acting as quality control
- Manage operational areas and one off projects i.e. moves, reconfiguration. Business continuity planning/testing
- Support new procurement tenders and renewals of existing contracts by analysing performance for each contract and ensuring that contracts are effective and financial implications & delivery have been fully understood prior to commencement.
- Review supplier and partner relationships and including reporting and management, covering a comprehensive key contract / procurement review
- Develop the procurement processes, ensuring that all key suppliers are managed and contracted in an efficient and effective manner and that the company adheres with fraud and bribery controls
- Ensure that all commercial contracts that are entered into are robust, cost effective, actively managed and suppliers held to account to deliver the performance required
- Review and update the procurement policy and processes at ScreenSkills to continuously improve the procurement processes and commercial arrangements
- Creating and evolving supplier reporting dashboards, both financial and non-financial
- Negotiate maintenance agreements in conjunction with the Finance & Operation Director
- Identifying risks and proposing/agreeing mitigating actions
Essential skills and experience and/or qualifications:
- Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE), Higher National certificate (HNC), Level 4 diploma, Level 4 NVQ
Work related experience:
- 3 - 5 Years - Experienced
- Proven experience in contract management
- Strong experience in implementing procurement process
- Good communicator
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Quality driven
- Methodical, logical and rational approach to problem solving.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong people skills as the person will engage with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels and be a good team player.
- Strong competencies in support operations and infrastructure management
- Skills in managing and negotiating with external suppliers
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritise diverse activities and work to tight deadlines and constraints
- Knowledge of changing and emerging technologies and the ability to see where this can benefit the organisation
- Take ownership of, and contribute to, internal and external communications activity both in their job role and as part of ScreenSkills’ overall strategic objectives.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to embracing and promoting ScreenSkills’ positive approach to the achievement of acceptance, openness, and equality of opportunity at work for people from under-represented groups (i.e. such as those with disabilities and from the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender and black, Asian and minority ethnic communities).
- Promote and develop individual and organisational activities which support and enhance environmental sustainability and health and safety objectives.
- Establish good working relationships with both internal and external customers and provide a high quality service which meets their needs.
- Support yours and your colleagues’ activity through a commitment to effective and correct use of corporate tools and resources, including the Wire (ScreenSkills’ intranet) for internal communications and file management, and authorised systems for contact management.
This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive. It is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing. Your manager will, in discussion with you, review the job description at appraisal. It is ScreenSkills’ intention to work with you to update and incorporate changes to your job description as required. However, if agreement cannot be reached, ScreenSkills reserves the right to impose changes.
ScreenSkills is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the creative screen industries.