Odin has an exciting opportunity for a Full Stack Developer to join the team based in London. You will work on a full time permanent basis and will receive a highly competitive salary.
ODIN is a strategy-focused technology consultancy. We architect and implement award-winning technical solutions that support our clients’ commercial objectives and future vision.
In just over 4 years ODIN has grown from a boutique consultancy to a 20+ strong team, with an impressive roster of clients including some of Europe’s largest media organisations and brands ranging from Which? to Discovery, Hearst to Honda.
With our expanding client roster and ambitions to consolidate our spot as one of Europe’s leading Technology Consultancies, this is a great time to join. We still offer the flexibility, growth and atmosphere of a start-up whilst providing the security and established processes of a larger organisation.
We’re hiring a full stack developer to work on client projects ranging from consumer websites to data warehouses, reporting directly to the Development Manager.
Your day to day job will be mainly coding, attending scrum ceremonies, contributing to architectural discussions and mentoring more junior members of the team.
As a more senior member of the team you will be expected to actively contribute to continual improvement of practices and standards used. For example presenting at Lunch & Learn Fridays.
Qualities needed as our Full Stack Developer:
- Perfect written and spoken English.
- Passion for technology.
- Strong technical background (degree or otherwise proven) is required.
- Be client facing and customer service focused.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Adaptable, agile mindset.
Responsibilities needed as our Full Stack Developer:
- Develop software to meet user needs.
- Follow best practice guidelines and help to improve those guidelines.
- Write clean, secure and well-tested code.
- Plan and lead development on sets of related stories.
- Have an understanding of whole systems and take responsibility for teaching this to others.
- Work with other disciplines to understand what needs to be built.
- Coach and mentor more junior colleagues.
- Consider the operation and support of the production services.
- Find ways to improve system robustness, resilience and stability.
Skills & Experience needed as our Full Stack Developer:
- AWS services specifically including: Cloudwatch, EC2, RDS, S3.
- Database technologies (MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB).
- Working knowledge of front end frameworks such as React and Angular.
- Good understanding of system/application performance and performance tuning.
- Build tools - Gradle, NPM.
- Git - Command line, Bitbucket, GitHub, GitLab, Stash.
- TDD and BDD.
- Testing tools and techniques - Cucumber, Mocha.
- Web Services - REST, SOAP.
- CI servers (Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo).
- Developing on Linux/UNIX.
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment principles.
- JIRA and Confluence.
- Software development principles Scrum & KanBan.
- Developed SaaS web applications and/or Data Warehousing.
- AWS Certifications.
- Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible.
What we can offer you as our Full Stack Developer:
- A friendly supportive environment.
- Exposure to leading cloud technologies.
- Free online training and exams for relevant certification.
- A dynamic working environment in central London.