Battery Test Engineer – UK – £45-50,000 per annum plus additional benefits.
My highly sought after client are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable professional to come on board and provide their services as a Battery Test Engineer.
Battery Test Engineer – The Employer:
My client provides vehicle test and validation services to customers in the automotive, transport, tyre, petrochemical, defence and security industries. It is independent and impartial in everything it does.
All of the client’s employees are passionate about safety, customer service and technical excellence, making them ideal partners at any stage in the development and launch of the vehicles of tomorrow.
A key position within the newly formed Battery Test Team reporting into the Propulsion Division. The Battery Test Engineer position will be responsible for test cycle and operating condition definition and support in line with all customer requirements, including issue diagnostics and resolution ensuring high quality and timely reporting to the customer. Contributing to deliver a complete HV battery test service to all Industry clients.
The role and requirements of the Battery Test Engineer:
* Provides engineering support for the HV battery testing technology and operation
* Defines test cycles and operating conditions based on all customer requirements and specifications (durability and abuse)
* Provides comprehensive issue diagnostics and resolution to all test activities. This may require working on live high voltage (up to 1000V) battery systems
* Actively involved in any forensic investigation into DUT or facility failures, understanding root cause and putting measures in place to prevent re occurrence
* To own test and operationally derived risk assessments
The benefits of successfully acquiring the role of Battery Test Engineer;
* An opportunity to work for a global leader in vehicle testing
* Working at the cutting edge of Automotive design and testing alongside a passionate and professional team
* Up to £50,000 per annum for the right candidate
* All the additional benefits that can be expected of working for a prestigious industry player
Qualifications and experience needed of the Battery Test Engineer:
* Degree in Electrical / Electronic or software Engineering (2:1 and above or equivalent preferred)
* Robust and wide breadth of relevant work experience in an automotive engineering laboratory, automotive repair, heavy truck repair or electronics
* Must be able to show relevant experience in developing basic but robust software, ideally in a test environment. I.e.: Matlab, Simulink, or java programming
* Experience in root cause analysis e.g. 8D or similar
* Experienced in technical report writing
* Good understanding of CAN, dbc files I.e.: CANalyzer or CANape
* Understanding of Lithium-ion Batteries (preferably Automotive)
* Experience of Lithium-ion Battery testing (durability and abuse preferred)
* Knowledge of Industry automotive Battery testing standards (e.g. Reg100, UN38.3, SAE J2380/2464) (preferred)
* Use of electrical/electronic simulation tools (e.g. SPICE)
Skills required of the Battery Test Engineer:
* Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and computer based file structures
* Ability to create and analyse simple electrical/electronic schematics
Physical Requirements of the Battery Test Engineer:
* The successful candidate is required to have manual handling experience of a load approximate to 25kg. Activities will include bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
Personal Behaviours required of the Battery Test Engineer:
* Willingness to learn
* Interest in Li-ion batteries
* Methodical approach
* Ability to come up with creative (and safe) solutions to problems
* Highly motivated team player
* Good and inclusive communication skills
* Represents highest company standards at all times
* Customer focused
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity as Battery Test Engineer opportunity, please apply via the link attached as soon as possible!
The application process is subject to the successful completion of background and reference checking, including CRB and CCJ (County Court Judgement) checks Adecco is an equal opportunities employer. If you do not hear from one of our consultants within 7 days of applying for this role, please assume you have been unsuccessful in this instance. Your CV will be kept on file and you will be considered for future vacancies that match your skills.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information – please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://(url removed)/candidate-privacy