This role involves working within a small team to Office 365 / 0365 user support following a recent rollout. In the role you will provide 2nd line technical support to both office and remote based staff.
The key objectives are to provide phone and email based technical support to troubleshoot, log and progress hardware and software issues to resolution in an efficient and timely manner using an In-House ticketing system.
Escalation to 3rd party vendors, managing customer expectations and prioritising BAU and project workloads are also key in this senior role.
* Provide excellent phone and email based technical support where appropriate ensuring the end user is kept informed of progress.
* Logging and management of support calls to resolution
* Escalate support requests to appropriate members of the IT Support Team as required.
* Deploy PCs and associated peripherals including new installations and the upgrade/decommissioning of existing equipment.
* Install and configure operating systems to agreed standards under the direction of the Systems & 1st Line Support Lead.
* Install and configure software to agreed standards under the direction of the Systems & 1st Line Support Lead.
* Maintain deployed PC’s & back office servers across the business by carrying out routine planned maintenance and managed patch rollouts.
* Ensure process and good working practise is followed, suggesting improvements as and when identified.
* Assist in the compilation and management of technical documentation and procedures for both end users and other members of the IT Support Team.
* Plan, manage and deliver on time small projects assigned to you by the Systems & 1st Line Support Lead.
* 2 years minimum IT Helpdesk and Desktop Support experience
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Office 365 / Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012
* Excellent understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
* Good TCP/IP experience and understanding of network fundamentals
* Experience with Microsoft Office products
* Hands on’ approach and a willingness to learn
* Flexible, pro-active approach
* Team player but can work alone without supervision
* Full driving licence and access to own transport
If you are an Support engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Oracle opportunities please contact Craig Carnell on (url removed) or phone 01793437292
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country’s largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client’s and candidate’s needs.
Please visit our website (url removed)