Park Lane Recruitment are looking to recruit an Abinitio Developer to work for a global leader in their field.
We have both contract and permanent positions available, based out of Edinburgh.
We are looking for applicants mid level upwards. Duties will involve, but not limited to;
* Maintaining a daily checks list and any additional monitoring required to ensure that the BI production systems are running without issue and that any failures are dealt with in a timely manner.
* Provide support to resolve application incidents and manage application enhancement requests within agreed service levels.
* Maintain and support the data warehouse and associated applications
* Liaise with users to specify, design and implement minor enhancements to the data warehouse as required by the business, ensuring that changes are consistent with the existing BI architecture.
* Provide assistance with the resolution of user problems and queries
* Liaise with the IT department on changes to upstream and downstream systems to ensure that any impacts on the BI systems are identified and dealt with accordingly
* Database, ETL, Report and OLAP development work
The primary focus of the position is to technical designs, process flows, code development, unit/system/UAT testing, and post implementation support.
This role works closely with Business Analysts, Database Administrators, QA, BI Developers, and Architects.
You will also utilize Ab Initio Graphical Development Environment (GDE) to provide technical specifications to programmers to implement ETL changes and maintain high throughput and performance to meet regulatory demands, including frequency of filed regulatory reports and high level of retail transaction volumes.
Suitable applicants will have the following background;
* Minimum of 3 years of Ab-Intio development experience
* Experience of working on complex data migration programmes
* Strong technical skills in Ab-Initio
* Experience of UNIX Shell Scripting and SQL will be required
* Exposure to Data-warehouse management and metadata management concepts being highly desirable.
With both contract and permanent positions available, your remuneration would be;
Contract - between £450 - £600 per day for approximately 6 months
Permanent - up to £72K plus excellent benefits including career growth - working for the fastest growing company of their sector, working with some of the most recognised brands, work life balance and a rewards system
Contact now for more information