Senior IT Support Engineer required for my client based near Wokingham with a relocation to Farnborough late next year, salary £45K + benefits.
You MUST have a degree in a relevant field (Computing, Networking, Computer Science, Business Information Systems etc.)
You will provide 2nd / 3rd line support on a range of desktop systems, servers, peripherals and software using telephone support, remote support and onsite support. This role will also include project based work, out of hours maintenance and occasional travel to Europe and Middle East.
You should have good generalist knowledge around 2nd / 3rd Line Support AND Networking, including some basic knowledge of Firewall configuration / Security.
You will have experience around the following:
* Supporting the business with the new site move
* Getting involved with some complex projects
* Working autonomously
The role will require a substantial level of autonomy so it will suite someone that can prioritise their work load and managing their time to achieve the required results for the business.
• Imaging PC's using SCCM
• Providing remote support to small offices and home users
• Scheduling and managing upgrades and backups of hardware and software systems
• Ensuring back-up systems operate effectively
• Purchasing hardware and software
• Travel to various sites across the EMEA region for onsite support
• Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with various stake holders
• Manage and champion projects from inception to completion
• Work closely with Shared Business Service team in US
The successful candidate must have:
• Degree in a relevant field (Computing, Networking, Computer Science, Business Information Systems etc.)
• Proven commercial experience within a varied Desktop/Server/Network support role
• Experience of working to SLA's as well as creating clear expectations to the customer
• Excellent customer service and people skills
• Expert knowledge of Windows 7/10
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft desktop products
• Expert knowledge of hardware troubleshooting experience of laptop/desktop environments
• Strong knowledge of VMWARE 5.5/6.5
• Strong knowledge of hardware troubleshooting experience of server environments
• Understanding of & experience within a network infrastructure support environment
• Understanding of LAN, WAN, Wireless, Firewall and Security products
• Understanding of Virtualisation, Storage
• TCP/IP configuration and troubleshooting
• Driving licence (UK)
This is a broad role with a well established and successful organisation.
Please apply ASAP for more information