IT Security Specialist - Application/DB - Permanent - Edinburgh - Call to discuss salary & benefits
Are you a talented individual who has specialised in Application and/or Database security? Are you looking for a rare opportunity to bridge these two areas and be part of an exciting niche financial sector organisation in the midst of some big changes to their security function? If this sounds like you, let me know now!
Abrecco`s Edinburgh based client is looking to bring on board an Application/Database Security Specialist with a broad knowledge of current Security principles to safeguard their data and identify key opportunities for improvement to their existing function. If this sounds like you, apply now!
What you will be doing:
- Performing application/database security reviews to identify opportunities for improvement
- Developing and maintaining existing security management systems
- Reviewing and developing current processes and procedures
- Taking the lead in the development of Application and Database Security Architecture principles
- Design, Implementation and Automation of Application/Database Security Controls
The skills you`ll bring:
- Extensive experience of working in an operational IT Security role
- Expert knowledge of IT Security Principles
- Knowledge of Windows and deployments using MS SQL
- Security Qualification (SSCP, CISSP, GIAC, CEH etc)
- IT auditing and Networking experience
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (Azure/AWS) would be desirable
If you have the skills and experience and want to join well established company offering an excellent package together with excellent long term career prospects then please apply now!
Only apply to this vacancy if you consent to us contacting you with regards to this and similar future career opportunities. You may call to discuss the role in more detail if you wish