Who we are:
Black Sun is a leading digital communications agency working on behalf of a range of global clients. Combining a unique blend of strategic insight and in-depth stakeholder communications expertise we have built a market leading reputation for our consultancy expertise, producing award winning digital communications, websites, extranets, video's, social media campaigns, sustainability communications, corporate reports, investor and employee communications.
We are looking for a talented Senior Front End Developer to lead our growing Front End Development team. You must be a charismatic leader and collaborator but with great aptitude for autonomous work and pride yourself in creating high quality code and polished websites that accurately match the original designs. You love what you do, and you are excited to improve your skills as well as learning new ones. You have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and have a positive and fun attitude.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the Front End team, managing workloads and motivating and developing your team members
- Develop fully validated cross-browser XHTML websites using the latest CSS specification
- Lead the development of technology improvements within the web development methodology
- Produce quality technical documentation
- Develop and apply appropriate testing procedures to ensure that software performs correctly. In particular to ensure that software meets any cross platform/browser requirements laid down in the Technical Specification
- Identify, evaluate and implement new technologies that could be beneficial to the business and to continuously monitor development standards, release processes and support procedures.
The successful candidate will need to have the following experience:
- Expert knowledge of HTML5, XHTML AND CSS3
- W3C WCAG 1.0
- Knowledge of Website Testing
What are some of the benefits of joining us?
- Growth; at Black Sun we have a dedicated team who work towards developing our people
- Clients; you will be working with large, international, blue-chip clients everyday, building long lasting and professional relationships while working on award winning projects together
- Training; as leaders within corporate communications, you will have the opportunity to work with, and learn from, industry professionals. We also offer both internal and external training programmes
- A fun and friendly work community; you will be joining a fresh, supportive and friendly working environment
- Socials (lots of them!); whether it be summer sports activities, Bake Offs, our annual Christmas party...or our complimentary breakfast every Friday morning
- Benefits; we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, a discretionary bonus scheme, 22 days holidays (as well as a holiday loyalty scheme) and remote working opportunities
Does this sound like the job for you? Then we'd love to hear from you!