Due to our continued growth we are looking for a new IT Engineer to join our IT team in Darlington.
We are looking for a bright and motivated IT Engineer, who is looking for a challenge. The successful candidate will be a confident communicator with the ability to focus on tasks and provide results.
The role will involve working in a small team and is responsible primarily for delivering project work for the IT department and is responsible for the day-to-day operation of JBW's IT and Telecoms infrastructure, including: LAN and WAN configuration; configuration and management of virtual servers, firewalls etc; incident response; asset management; supplier liaison and procurement; SQL; report production; implementation of change requests and new projects, while ensuring that the department meets its service level objectives. This role is also a point of contact for providing hands-on and remote technical support to the company's user base.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 4 years of commercial experience providing 1st and 2nd line support to business end-users in a heterogenous, primarily Windows, Active Directory environment (also including Mac and Linux) including users of Office, Outlook and Chrome
- Good understanding of networking principles, including TCP/IP coupled with an understanding of Windows/Linux based servers
- Ability to correctly prioritise work, handle a range of different concurrent issues and handle user enquiries efficiently
- Knowledge of standards compliance, data protection and corporate/government security concerns (e.g. ISO 27001 and PCI-DSS)
- Excellent SQL writing skills, with data extraction and report writing experience
- Sound technical knowledge of IT security tools, networking protocols, software and hardware devices, firewall and VPN configuration, access control, encryption, backups, security threats and defences
- Willingness to learn and keep abreast of new technology, to adapt to rapid change, to share knowledge, the ability to work on your own initiative and a focus on completing assigned work in a busy environment are all essential skills for this role