We are looking for a bright, energetic individual preferably with up to 2 years IT helpdesk experience.
You would be joining an existing team and will be working on a mix of network, Microsoft server, Exchange, Security, Anti-Virus, SQL, bespoke and third party applications. You will be involved in all aspects of support, including telephone and remote dial up, onsite support, testing and deployment.
You should have a passion for IT and how it makes a difference to the way people work. This is your chance to work within a highly experienced team with plenty of knowledge and skills to share.
Skills and Experience (Required)
- Microsoft or similar Server Qualifications
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent written and spoken English
Skills and Experience (Preferred)
- Server 2016 / 2012 / 2008
- Windows 10/7/XP
- Crystal Reports
- Computer Science or another numerate degree
Responsibilities will typically include:
- installing and configuring computer systems;
- monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- logging and managing support requests;
- prioritising and managing several open cases at one time;
- talking staff / clients through a series of actions - either face-to-face or over the telephone;
- troubleshooting system problems and diagnosing and solving software faults;
- finding solutions to problems;
- escalating and managing issues through to resolution with the appropriate vendor;
- distributing the latest software releases, service packs or patches to the appropriate customers;
- providing support documentation, including procedural documentation;
- following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- running network applications to support system and users;
- supporting new applications;
- setting up new users;
- responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
- testing / evaluating new technology
About the role:
You will be working in a team of four and will be working on a combination of Microsoft systems, bespoke systems, third party systems including Sage, migrations of legacy systems to new platforms and completely new solutions.
General-Other: Customer Support-Client Care, Technical Customer Service, Computer-Electronics-Telecomm Install-Maintain-Repair, General-Other: Installation-Maintenance-Repair, Computer-Network Security, Database Development-Administration, Desktop Service and Support, Network and Server Administration