C# Web Application Developer, Swindon, Salary to 50k + 8% Pension + Private Medical. Strategic Maintenance Planning (SMP) Ltd. has gained considerable experience and reputation in the last 21 years, providing state of the art Maintenance Management solutions globally, to a number of blue-chip clients. We are offering a superb opportunity at this exciting time of business growth for a full-time ‘C# Web Application Developer’.
If you’re looking for a fast paced, agile environment working on projects for blue chip organisations then we have an outstanding opportunity for the right talent.
JOB DESCRIPTION / MAIN PURPOSE
The successful candidate is responsible for the provision and development of our company’s computerised maintenance management software (CMMS). The post reports to the IT Director but works closely with other developers, forming a close team.
- Providing Web Application Development for our software, by becoming an expert in all aspects of the application;
- Delivering support to existing customer users and investigating and resolving application errors, data discrepancies and queries;
- Developing, where agreed and feasible, customisations to the application;
- Working with the IT function and customers in identifying and proposing application system changes, better uses, enhancements and development.
- Provide Web Application Development within an Agile environment for our software;
- Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures;
- Provide correct responses to requests for support by means of for example: making modifications to system parameters, developing work-a-rounds or site specific enhancements, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, producing additional documentation, or escalating requests;
- Document work, take part in user meetings and assist in presenting issues and solutions;
- Define acceptance tests for new or changed functionality.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Java Script
- MS Visual Studio
- MS SQL
- Qualifications although important are not as essential as proving competency when programming in the languages detailed previously.
- Previous experience developing maintenance management, financial or ERP software will yield an advantage.