Creative Technology (CT) is one of the world’s leading suppliers of specialist Audio Visual equipment and has expertise in the sports, corporate, exhibition and entertainment industries. CT has a global reputation for innovative applications of the latest technology and some of our large-scale exciting projects include the Ryder Cup, ATP World Tour Finals and Mobile World Congress...to name a few!
We are currently looking to hire a Software Developer.
You will work alongside a small talented team to design, build and maintain efficient, reusable code as well as create and modify software for both internal and external client projects.
The work of the Software Developer is varied, bespoke and exciting!
The Software Development team openly welcomes new ideas and technologies, therefore, you will have the opportunity to have a direct influence on day to day operations and bigger projects.
If you are passionate about driving continuous improvement in a high volume and high impact environment we are offering a unique opportunity to develop your career as an integral part of our Software Development team.
The role in brief:
- Work alongside the software development team to create and modify a variety of software used within a fast-paced live events environment
- Translate client application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
- Help maintain code quality, organisation and build automated processes with CI runners.
- Configure and install custom software solutions on hardware owned and maintained by CTUK.
- Work closely with and train on-site engineers at various locations in the UK and abroad
- Work Closely with the Development Manager to drive innovation within the business
- Strong knowledge of .NET framework (WPF, UWP, Class Libraries)
- Familiar with popular web frameworks and libraries such as JQuery
- Familiar with relational databases such as MySQL, SQLite
- Experience designing database schemas and writing SQL queries.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Skills for writing reusable libraries
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- understanding of DevOps to setup and configure Servers and other components critical to the running of the project.
Nice to have:
- Languages: Node.js, Python, C, C++
- Hardware: Raspberry Pi, Arduino
- Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience
- Excellent benefits package including season ticket loan, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life Assurance,peer recognition scheme, childcare vouchers and paid annual leave.
- An exciting working environment with the opportunity to travel
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please click on the apply button.