Job Title: IT IS Technical Support Assistant
Post Number: SI057XX
Department: Library & Information Services, Information Services Division
Salary: £24,285 - £28,936 per annum
Hours : 37
Accountable to: IT IS Team Manager
Accountable for: N/A
Responsible for carrying out tasks to configure, maintain and support the university’s network infrastructure, telephone system, communication services and server systems as directed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing software and hardware installations and upgrades on infrastructure (e.g. server, storage, network, telephone, etc) platforms and corporate systems (e.g. Timetabling, CRM, Library, Student System, HR) as specified.
- Working with contractors to arrange the installation of network and telephone points. Carrying out moves and changes as is necessary.
- Installation and maintenance of racking, UPS, and network and server equipment as directed.
- Administering and supporting IT equipment and IT services in conjunction with other ISD departments.
- Monitor performance, plan and implement enhancements to the functions and capacity of the university IT systems and communications services as directed.
- Producing user and technical documentation for other university staff to aid configuration and support and for general reference.
- Acquiring technical support skills by on the job learning with attendance at training courses where necessary.
- Administering and supporting backup of university data storage, infrastructure equipment and logs as directed.
For further information about this role and to apply please visit: www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/jobs