Application / Software Product Specialist
Location: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Basic Salary: £27,500-£30,000 Per Annum, DOE
Benefits: 20 days’ holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays; AE Pension; Opt-in Health Cash Plans
Working Hours: Mon - Fri, 9.00am - 5.30pm
Employment Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Servest Group is an expert in facilities management, creating environments which enable people to deliver exceptional experiences to help organisations be more efficient, effective and sustainable.
With more than 20,000 people working across 7,000 client sites in the UK into a diverse range of sectors, so it’s not surprising that we’re looking for exceptional people to help us to continue our growth.
We are recruiting for a dynamic, customer-focused Application / Software Product Specialist to join our rapidly expanding Technology Team. Reporting to the Group Head of Applications, you will act as the expert in respect of key enterprise systems, with primary focus on our CAFM system (Concept) and our integration platform (Boomi).
The Applications Support Analyst will be tasked with developing, testing and implementing change to our enterprise systems, ensuring that they are fit for purpose and enables our colleagues in their roles across the business to perform their duties and deliver to our customers in an environment which is enhanced by our IT offering.
This is a comprehensive role which will see you interacting with stakeholders from across the business and is key to supporting our continued growth strategy.
We are seeking candidates with a sound understanding of ITIL processes, particularly around project management. You will be experienced in the manipulation of SQL databases with familiarity of both back and front-end applications and will demonstrate a good understanding of the practical application of IT and its’ application in the business environment. Candidates with knowledge of the Concept CAFM system would be of particular interest to us.
Our Technology Team is rapidly growing and as such, we foresee opportunities for suitably experienced candidates to grow with us. The most suitable candidates will demonstrate drive and ambition, enthusiasm and a passion for delivering results - above all, you will always look to exceed customer expectations and deliver a first-rate service to your internal customers.
Primary Result Areas:
• Changes / Development – Contributing to the design, specification and implementation of changes, upgrades and new applications required to support new or modified business processes; Assisting with the production and approval of functional specifications, liaising with software suppliers during development
• Testing – specifying testing and data requirements for applications, validating and loading test data as appropriate; Co-ordinating and assisting users with user acceptance testing, working closely with the QA and Project Management teams
• Continuous Improvement – Identifying areas for improvement or requiring remedial action across the product environment; Producing feasibility studies, carrying out impact analysis of potential solutions, running beta and pilot programs with early-stage products, software or services leading to an RFC or project proposal
• Strategy – Assisting with the creation of short, mid and longer-term product roadmaps, working with other areas of the IT department to include all aspects of the technical environment; Regularly review existing products to ensure that Servest remains at the forefront of new and emerging technologies
• Reviews / Audits - Conducting periodic reviews / audits of products and processes to ensure compliance with standards and correct usage in line with industry best practice, identifying and implementing corrective action where necessary
• Programme Delivery Area – Contributing to the effective management and ongoing development of the Programme Delivery area by actively supporting the Development Services Manager in operational and strategic initiatives.
Suitable candidates will possess the following skills, experience and personal qualities:
• Experience of the application development lifecycle, including specification, development, testing and deployment
• Highly competent in the manipulation of SQL databases
• Good understanding of IT and its’ application in the business environment
• Experience of ITIL working practices
• Experience of working within a Prince2 Project Management environment
• Experienced in creating technical strategies and roadmaps for an organisation or business unit
• Ability to engage and obtain the confidence of project stakeholders
• A strategic vision with the foresight to future-proof
• The ability to plan and manage own workload within tight deadlines
• Outstanding attention to detail and a process-driven working style
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Customer-focused, results driven with a desire to exceed expectations
• Ambitious, enthusiastic, team player with the ability to be adaptable, agile and innovative
• Higher education level qualification preferred but not essential
• Experience of using the Concept CAFM system would be highly desirable
This role is to be based at our offices on the western outskirts of Bury St Edmunds. Occasionally, some ad hoc travel to other Servest sites across the UK may be required. The hours of work are Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:30 though we require flexibility to meet the needs of the business. Candidates with experience of working in facilities management would be desirable but this is not essential.
The role includes a competitive salary with additional company benefits. This is a fantastic opportunity to undertake an influential role in a business which recognises the benefits and opportunities that appropriate IT infrastructures can bring and as such, invests heavily in new technologies and fully backs the teams’ growth and strategic ambitions.
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success.
Servest is an equal opportunities employer and relies on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age.
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE ***