Technical Support Engineer is required by Logic Engagements, to work for our industry leading client, based in Berkshire.
The scope of this Technical Support Engineer role will be to provide technical support to the global customer base, primarily email and some telephone based support. This includes vulnerability management, PCI, policy compliance and web application scanning.
The Technical Support Engineer applying will have experience of the following;
* 4+ years of experience in a technical support role.
* Either Windows, Unix or Linux experience.
* In-depth TCP/IP.
* LAN/WAN infrastructures.
* Common OS services.
* Strong knowledge of current firewall, Intrusion Detection System Brands & technologies, and Vulnerability Network Scanners (Nessus, nmap, Cybercop, ISS Internet Scanner).
* Packet sniffers.
* Windows AD authentication and security.
* Knowledge of Samba/AD integration, CIFS, DNS, ACL, server/client configuration.
* Previous API support and Regex knowledge is a plus.
* Oracle and Microsoft SQL knowledge highly desirable.
* Preferably the candidate would have some knowledge of major web server software (IIS, Apache, Websphere, Tomcat, WebLogic), UNIX/Windows web services, and diverse platforms and applications (Linux, Windows 2003/2008, Windows NT, Novell, Lotus Notes, Mac OS).
* Strong customer orientation and possess an excellent work ethic.
* Outstanding troubleshooting and analytical skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* CCNA, MCSE, CISSP and CEH highly desirable.
Please apply by responding to the link attached with an up to date CV.
Logic is a leading provider of IT Staff to clients, consultancies and to product suppliers/authors and operates as an employment agency and employment business