To work in the design, implementation, maintenance and support of the IT infrastructure in the company with special responsibility for Linux-based systems.
This role is looking for someone who can help contribute to the future of the company with next generation technology and products
Linux systems form the backbone of the organisation. Several of the company's products run embedded Linux so the Linux environment covers everything from basic network tools, systems required by Engineering for development and public-facing systems used by millions of devices.
* The role requires working very closely with the Software Engineering team to collaboratively design & build systems required for product development, staging and customer use.
* Working with other departments around the world to scope out their needs through to implementation. This could be as diverse as new application delivery, compute capacity, virtual machine provision, sales demo systems, manufacturing requirements and more.
* Designing & building product-facing web applications that scale. There are millions of devices already using the IT infrastructure and sales are increasing.
* Managing available compute & storage resources. This includes performance analysis, identifying bottlenecks and making optimisations.
* Setting up, documenting, maintaining and supporting a cross-site network of Windows and Linux servers and endpoints running Windows, Linux & Mac OS X.
* Creating and supporting existing scripts and applications in languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby on Rails and Perl.
* Utilising our existing public cloud investment where appropriate.
* Manage a multi-subnet network environment utilising VLANS, trunks, WiFi etc.
* Working in a cross-site department ensuring good communication and documentation.
* Working with the rest of the department to provide end user support across the organisation worldwide.
The successful person will possess the following qualities:
* Experience of working in the software development or semi-conductor industries.
* Very strong Linux skills, specifically in CentOS & Ubuntu.
* Knowledge of using Linux in embedded devices would be helpful.
* Excellent communication skills
* Windows (7+) and Windows Server 2008R2+
* Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills