Business Analyst - Insurance
Our client requires a Business Analyst to join their small but expanding team to help drive the BA practise forward. You will have to understand business change needs and document the requirements, providing support and assistance throughout the whole software development lifecycle.
* Understand the business issue that needs to be resolved, gathering evidence to feed into the cost / benefits analysis
* Analyse and map the "As Is" process
* Model the "To Be" business process
* Assess the impact of the proposed change to the whole of the business, not just the functional area requesting the change
* Document the requirements including acceptance criteria
* Contribute to the cost/benefits analysis.
* Support the implementation of changes, through regular liaison with the development and testing teams as well as end users and stakeholders.
* Assist the testing teams to identify the root cause of a defect and help with identifying the correct resolver group.
Key Skills - Essential
* Demonstrable experience of business analysis and requirements management in the UK insurance market, using an agile framework such as Scrum.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including, but not limited to, conflict resolution and negotiation enabling the post holder to build effective working relationships with all levels of the organisation from end users through department heads to senior management.
* Demonstrable knowledge of Price Comparison sites such as Go Compare and Confused.
* Ability to communicate effectively, assertively and comfortably with technology partners.
* Able to encourage new ideas and suggest improvements to BA practices and procedures.
* A highly motivated flexible self-starter who is well organised and able to manage multiple tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
* Ability to think logically and creatively to overcome issues and find solutions.
* High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio
Key Skills - Desirable
* Knowledge of General Insurance business applications
* Use of business process modelling tools
* Use of project management tools
* Awareness of testing tools
* Database expertise sufficient to enable the creation of SQL queries
* Working with web based technologies
* It is desirable that the post holder has had some formal training. For example, ISEB Business Analysis
Logic is a leading provider of IT Staff to clients, consultancies and to product suppliers/authors and operates as an employment agency and employment business