Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
£36,000 - £45,000 + Package - includes a 10% bonus + excellent pension scheme & more
“If you are a great stakeholder manager/testing specialist but can’t add up…this may be the right role for you!”
Do you have experience of testing systems and business processes in a business facing role?
We are the UK’s largest Closed Life and Pension Fund Consolidator and one of ‘Britain’s Top Employers 2016’ and we are looking for a Test Lead to join our Testing Team. This team is the post-build testing function, taking new system developments through to business and governance approval, so that they achieve authorisation for use within a production capacity.
The function provides testing services to scheduled releases and projects, with the scope being the testing of all Finance owned systems (and testing oversight of changes which feed these systems, including Outsourced Service Providers and third party developments).
This is an interesting opportunity which offers you the variety and potential to fulfil your testing expertise in role, by interacting and working closely with the wider business at Phoenix. As the Test Lead you will set up and be the guardian of test standards. You will manage the delivery of the Test Strategy for each implementation, liaising with the project teams, coordinating defects and fixes as well as managing post implementation.
Other responsibilities include:
- Liaising with a wide range of business representatives and stakeholders from around the organisation. This includes actuaries, accountants, design and build teams and project managers. (but don’t worry, you don’t need to have the skillset these SME’s do, but simply be able to communicate with them effectively)
- Delivering the testing of a project or scheduled releases in accordance with the Test Strategy and ensure overall delivery of the deliverables in line with the agreed Schedule.
- Owning the Test Schedule and drive forward the delivery of testing in close co-operation with Testers (including business testers).
What we’re looking for:
A talented professional with the blended balance of both testing best practice and excellent stakeholder management skills. You will have the confidence to drive the communication and relationship with them in order to achieve your testing objectives. In addition, you will need:
- Excellent written, oral, presentation and facilitation skills.
- A proven track record in testing new systems and business processes.
- Broad experience of producing test strategies, test scripts and leading the testing effort – including test analysts and project team.
- Excellent test planning and co-ordination skills
- Delivery focused with awareness to the wider business
- Multi-discipline experience from large complex organisations.
- ISEB / ISTQB Foundation Software Testing qualification
- Track record of being able to challenge positively
- Solid approach and understanding to the delivery and tracking of project benefits.
- Use of HP ALM system for Test Scripting, Test Execution, Reporting and Defect Management.
- Experience of SQL would be highly desirable but not essential
About us: We value our employees highly and have been Britain's Top Employer for the last 5 consecutive years and are a member of the FTSE 250 index. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented team. Our funds are closed, enabling us to focus on areas that other businesses can't. This means that, among the many benefits of working at Phoenix (such as free lunches at our onsite restaurant, nature trail walk, putting green, free car parking, subsidised onsite sport facilities including gym, football & cricket pitches, tennis courts, excellent rewards schemes…we could go on!), our staff can enjoy exposure to a diverse workload not found elsewhere. We're proud of what we do, and we've recently gained recognition for our distinctive business model. We offer excellent training opportunities, career development and company culture.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midday Friday 23rd September 2016