Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Salary: Up to £40,000
My client is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join their Development team.
As Devops your role will be to ensure that they design, engineer and deliver web application platforms to support the rapid and safe development and release of high quality code. You will enable the delivery of world-class web applications which are maintainable, scalable, resilient and portable, on time, to business requirements.
Main duties of the post:
* You will implement the automation of the end to end deployment process, as defined by the Technical Director.
* You will have responsibility for storage, network, security, scalability, resilience, load balancing, failover, deployment and monitoring.
* You will work within the best practice as defined by the Technical Director and Head Of Development.
* Implement the defined architecture for easier continuous integration and deployment along with auto-scaling infrastructure to match demand
* Manage and maintain the monitoring and alerting systems to support day to day operations
* Develop the architecture of their existing platform and assist in the design and build of new systems
* Collaborate with colleagues on unique challenges at scale
* Build out new environments from scratch as required by the business
* Plan system and network maintenance whilst minimising impact on the internal team and customer live environments.
* Manage test suites using CI/CD tools
* Participate with developers on process improvement
* Use automation extensively and proactively suggest opportunities for automation.
* Improve system stability and resilience
* Proactively monitor all systems with the goal of pre-empting and avoiding issues
* Provide 1st and 2nd line support in incidents.
* Troubleshoot issues as they arise, create wash up reports and implement changes to avoid future occurrences of the same issue.
* Complete and maintain Technical Documentation relating to the Infrastructure and DevOps responsibilities.
Knowledge and Experience required:
* 2+ years experience in a start up and/or entrepreneurial corporate environment building and running high-throughput infrastructure
* Excellent linux system administration, scripting and automation skills (Ruby, Python, Bash, Jenkins etc…)
* Experienced in monitoring tools, frameworks and processes
* Experienced in full automation and configuration management using tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
* Deep understanding of HTTP and web service technologies
* Large scale operations environments
* Great written and verbal communication skills
* Self starter, extremely collaborative
* Experience implementing, monitoring and alerting software
* Strong security knowledge
* Strong attention to detail with demonstrated workload management and problem solving skills
* Personable, enthusiastic, and articulate
* Entrepreneurial outlook and fun spirit
* Ability to manage competing timelines and priorities in a composed and open fashion
* Proven ability to differentiate when to take action independently or to partner as a team
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, or related field is an asset
* Experience in supporting production applications on AWS or other similar cloud technologies
* Experienced in scrum and agile
* Participated in collaborative coding environments (peer review, continuous integration, etc.)
* Experience of delivering software using a continuous delivery or continuous deployment approach
* Experience using Docker or Vagrant
* Excellent Linux system administration, scripting and automation
* Monitoring tools, frameworks and processes
* Full automation and configuration management
* Ansible / Puppet / Chef
* Building Continuous Integration / Delivery Pipelines in Jenkins or similar tool
* Versioning software - Git
* Open source monitoring tools
* Strong knowledge of host networking – subnets/routing, firewalls, DNS/DHCP
* Redhat / CentOS
* Amazon AWS (EC2, Route 53, ELB, S3)