Linux System Administrator
Permanent role based in Cwmbran
£45,000 per annum + benefits
Based in the technical hub of Cwmbran, our innovative Big Data client in the Mobile Telco space is searching for an Linux System Administrator to join their dynamic start-up environment.
The work involves a wide array of activities including server administration (mostly RHEL and CentOS), some hardware configuration, networking, security, supporting customers, internal users, developers, and testers, maintaining dev and QA environments, and taking part in product development and roll-outs.
As the successful Linux System Administrator, you will need to possess the following skills:
* Happy with international travel- this will involve both Europe and Global locations - please don't apply unless happy with this as it is an essential requirement.
* Extensive experience installing and supporting Linux (RedHat RHEL/Centos).
* Excellent network security at OS level and access administration knowledge.
* Good knowledge and experience of network-based services (ex. Apache, OpenLDAP, Kerberos, BIND/DNS, Squid).
* Good working knowledge of enterprise level storage devices and technologies (ex. EMC/IBM, SAN/NAS, iSCSI/NFS/CIFS).
Desirable, but not essential, skills:
* Experience with Apache, specifically installing and configuring custom Apache modules.
* Knowledge of storage devices and Apache.
* Hands-on experience working with IBM Blade console.
* Experience working in high availability low latency Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment.
* Managing the day-to-day operations of the company's systems, including upgrades, monitoring, troubleshooting, backup and recovery.
* Ensuring high availability and acceptable performance levels of performance company systems.
* Installing and configuring automation and configuration software.
* Acorn is excited to represent a client who is a pioneer in its industry, providing a leading PaaS solution to reduce complexity and enable network operators, ad-networks, ad-exchanges and RTB platforms around the world to monetise customer data, and optimise its value.
* Utilising ground-breaking technologies such as Big Data and Data Mining, their solutions provide personalised services across mobile marketing, digital advertising, and E-commerce.
* Senior representatives from various large telecommunication companies have set this business up with huge aspirations, and are searching for technically gifted individuals to join their start-up team.
Our client offers you a dynamic, agile and vibrant atmosphere to work in, along with an extremely competitive salary and benefits package including:
* An employee share scheme.
* 25 days holiday plus eight bank holiday.
* Flexi hours plus one day home working.
If you're looking to progress in your career amongst a team of industry experts, with a real say in the development and future of the product, then this is the position for you