About the role…
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in our rapidly growing Cyber Innovation Team based in Gloucester.
We have a number of vacancies at in our rapidly growing Test & Integration Team. We develop software using an Agile/Scrum methodology and you will be involved fully in the software development lifecycle, working closely with the developers in an integrated team environment.
Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organizations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management and leadership potential.
Main duties of the position:
Basic Objective: Performing activities associated with integration, system and customer acceptance test phases of the system development lifecycle
• Apply test skills and experience within the context of an Agile software development team
• Defining test environment and tool requirements
• Create and manage automated test scripts
• Create and perform test manual test scripts
• Contribute to the production of test strategies and plans
• Report on status of test execution
• Record defects/test issues and support the wider development team in their resolution.
• Support the development team at formal and artifact reviews as necessary
What we are looking for…
Required: DV clearance or the ability to gain the clearance
Skills in some or all of the following:
• Understanding of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, and demonstrable application of relevant Test methodologies and toolsets
• Experience of deploying and configuring complex software under Linux.
• Requirement verification and validation for software based systems
• Test specification development
• Test script preparation
• Experience of Automated Test Tools such as Selenium, Cucumber
Additional desirable skills or experience:
• Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
• Knowledge of developing in a high level language such as C++/Java
• Experience of Continuous Integration
• Experience of scripting languages; Python, Perl
• Understanding of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
• Linux system administration skill
• Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good time management, organization and prioritization skills
• An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
• A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
• Ability to work closely with others in a small team
• Ability to work under pressure
• High degree of initiative and flexibility
• Willingness to travel if required
About Raytheon Cyber Security…
Raytheon has decades of experience in cyber, information operations and information assurance to successfully protect our global customers’ critical infrastructure from the most complex threats. Increasing demand for our capabilities has led us to require the building of a new Innovation Centre to support our government, law enforcement and commercial customers. This will create a broad spectrum of new roles to support our customers in developing solutions for cyber security, research and mission support both technical and non-technical.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull beige of the standard information security companies.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today.
What we can offer you…
On-going development, with formal and on-the-job training, alongside the following benefits:
• Annual bonus + for this division an additional bonus for gaining and maintaining the highest level of government security clearance
• Early finish on Fridays (37 hour week)
• 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Flexible Benefits; such as buy/sell holiday, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, Gymflex and more
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success