Are you an IT professional who is used to working in a customer focused environment? Does the idea of working for a business who recognises and rewards a strong work ethic appeal to you?
If so then I have a fantastic opportunity for you!
I am recruiting for an IT Operations Manager for a third party logistics business based in Bavaria, Germany.
The role is to manage every day IT operational issues, but also to manage small to medium sized customer implementations – providing seamless co-ordination and visibility within the Supply Chain between customer and company, from an IT perspective.
A summary of main responsibilities and activities: -
a) Manage on a day to day basis the Operational IT Team. This includes performance and people management activities to meet the desired behaviours, culture and standards. Motivating, coaching, advising and ensuring the team meet the targets and budgets for all activities in the operations plan.
b) As required be the point of contact for operational and customer teams to discuss scope of changes and finalise resource, timescales and costs for operational IT issues (internal and external).
c) Liaise with third party software and middleware providers around current and desired functionality costs and time.
d) Review overall capacity in the operation to ensure resource is planned effectively.
e) Liaise with the UK test manager on a frequent basis to discuss new testing strategies and processes that we can deploy and to ensure operational plan changes are understood and communicated.
f) Act as the main point of contact on overall programme activities with main 3rd party software providers, meeting often to discuss and agree the prioritisation of work. Aligning their programme of solutions with the company, and vice versa. Also act as a point of escalation should tasks and priorities clash.
g) Attend team meetings with other operational management and lead IT managers
h) Liaise closely with Client IT & logistics professionals, internal IT infrastructure and solutions teams and software vendor technical staff.
i) Attend customer meetings as and when required.
j) Project Manage any IT projects as required through design, testing and successful implementation. Managing customer expectations and ensuring these are met throughout the project.
k) Act as an escalation point for the IT Solutions team with customers, operational teams and suppliers.
Nature and scope: -
The role by its nature requires;
• People and performance management, mentoring and people development skills.
• The ability to take perceived requirements and produce logical process designs.
• Excellent communication skills with all levels of staff both internally and externally.
• The ability to present solutions to external customers at a senior level.
• The ability to lead and manage projects to tight disciplines and deadlines.
• The ability to multi – task effectively and across multiple projects.
• Flexibility to work with several sites and teams simultaneously.
• Project management skills, especially in the area of realistic planning and resource management within a relatively small project team.
• Good understanding of interface file formats and file transfer protocols.
• High level of competency with MS Office Suite (especially Excel) as well as MS Project and Visio.
• High standards of documentation control and management.
• Capacity and contingency planning to ensure the overall programme is achieved.
• Cost control to budget giving customer’s value for money, yet ensuring the company commerciality.
• Relationship building and maintenance with stakeholders at all levels internally and externally, including supplier management.
• Team work to ensure that overall the IT team achieve their overall goals.
• Decision making to ensure that all works are completed in a balanced and meaningful way.
Experience preferred: -
We would prefer applicants to have worked in an IT role within a logistics / retail / supply chain setting, particularly if you have worked with Warehouse Management Systems.
It is vital that you feel comfortable dealing with internal stakeholders and the customer.
Candidates with a good command of both German and English are preferred