This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Red Recruitment 247 Limited who are acting as an employment agency. Our client requires an IT Support Engineer.
• Escalating IT issues to the IT Manager where necessary and managing backups.
• Diagnosing and resolving technical issues.
• Fault finding, and logging of faults in all equipment. Day to day user support.
• Undertaking small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the IT Manager.
• Setting up and configuring new laptops, desktops and users.
• Completing internal user office moves, including telephones.
• Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software.
• Exchange server mailbox maintenance including archiving mailboxes.
• Prepare documents, meeting materials, correspondence and basic admin duties.
• Provide assistance as required to the IT Manager and support colleagues in IT related matters.
• Microsoft Excel VBA macro programming.
• Microsoft Visio VBA macro programming.
• Support, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (All versions, but mainly Win7 & Win8) in a corporate desktop and laptop PC environment.
• Support, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Office Application Suite (All versions, but mainly 2010, 2013 & 2016).
Essential skills, qualifications and knowledge:
• 2 – 3 years’ experience working with Windows, a working knowledge of AD and use of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
• An eagerness to learn.
• A working knowledge of LAN and WAN connectivity and TCP/IP networking principles will be advantageous.
• A working knowledge of printer hardware and print queues (preferably client based hardware) is required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are important, along with the ability to communicate to all levels of management. This will aid in clear and concise call logging, fault escalations, documentation and email.
• The initiative to perform tasks autonomously when required, but also be able to work as part of a team