We are currently recruiting for a 2nd Line IT Support Technician to join an established team within a very busy environment.
This is your opportunity to join a Company that are not only established in the Swindon area, but are looking to take expand throughout the entire UK.
You will be working for a multi-award winning Company, who have a passion to develop and reward their staff.
The ideal Candidate must have strong Desktop Support Skills along with solid experience supporting a Windows Server environment.
Proven experience supporting Active Directory and Group Policies in a Domain environment is required. Experience with Cisco would also be advantageous.
- Highly competitive salary of £25,000 per annum plus additional bonus
payments, incentives + Company and Department activities.
- Amazing opportunities for career development and progression within a
vibrant and lively team
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care scheme
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Deliver 2nd Line Support to the business, building strong working
relationships with staff and clients
- Achieve targets to maintain productivity, quality and service standards
- Maintain the appropriate level of functional, technical expertise and
knowledge of product, procedures, services and systems
- Take ownership for assigned projects and tasks, completing them within
- Manage and configure Active Directory and configure Group Policies within
the CIS Guidelines
- Ensure all policy documentation, security systems and asset database is
kept up to date
- Manage SLA’s to deliver agreed quality standards in line with company
- Support with projects and new implementations
- Support the out of hours IT Helpdesk as and when requested, supporting
the business at all times and communicating effectively during these hours
- Deputise in the IT Manager’s absence
Essential Skills and Competencies required:
- In depth knowledge of Windows 7 & 10 and Windows Server 2008
- Excellent knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy and Domain
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office 2010/2013 especially Excel
- Knowledge of Anti-Virus systems and relevant security standards
- Client / customer relationship skills
- Planning and organisation skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work within a pressurised environment
If you are looking for a new exciting and challenging career then we would love to hear from you