We now have a number of Senior Software Engineer positions available with a US company who have recently announced their new office in Belfast. Experts in the world of Big Data they create enterprise level data which allows their customers to make smart decisions to lower cost, increase revenue and grow their individual businesses. With an extensive repository of intelligent hardware and software information our client is able to provide the highest quality enterprise IT data available to and trusted within the industry.
Having worked closely with them for a few months now in securing their first hires it is clear that these are unique opportunities for Belfast in that you will get to do "greenfield" development in its truest form. The Belfast office is free from any legacy constraints of how they company has went about their software engineering tasks and processes in the past. It is a new start and a blank canvas to make your mark with innovative ideas and really influence the design and delivery of this new Data as a Service platform. They are not restricted to any technology and therefore want to hear from Software Engineers who have perhaps dabbled in a range of technologies and can use that experience to provide solutions rather than stay within the comfort of one particular technology.
As one of their first senior level hires you will join a team that has full ownership of the technical solution right down to the selection of technologies, establishment of a Continuous Integration pipeline and adoption of DevOps principals. Your duties will include the following:
* Build a new DaaS platform including advanced, cloud-based data stores and APIs against an ambitious technical roadmap following Agile and DevOps principles
* Introduce automation for all relevant processes
* Create and maintain meaningful documentation
* Work closely with the Product Management Team to suggest new features
* Follow and enhance SCM and DevOps processes to facilitate agile development
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following criteria:
* Minimum 5 years' OO design and development experience
* Experience across a range of programming languages
* Experience with Big Data tools, technologies and concepts would be an advantage
* Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
* Previous experience of building highly available, scalable and secure data architecture
* Product development and data services experience for cloud environments
* DevOps and SCM experience
* Automation and scripting experience for Unix and Windows platforms
As a new company in Belfast these roles offer a highly attractive salaries, benefits packages and a perfect city centre location. It is a great opportunity to join a privately owned company who are experiencing very strong growth and have plans to make a significant impression in the local IT sector most notably in the world of Big Data.
To hear more on this opportunity send your CV via the link below or call the Ciaran Boyle on (Apply online only). Please note that WPR is acting as an Agency on behalf of our Client