Our client who is based just to the south west of Winchester, in Hursley, is seeking an IT Support Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis to work at the client's site.
Please note, you will need to be security cleared for this role so please only apply if you are confident you will pass security clearance. Whilst this role will ultimately be based in Hurlsey, Hampshire, until you have passed the security clearance, likely to take around a month (possibly longer) you will be required to work from the Winnersh, Berkshire office so please only apply if you are happy and able to do this.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Provide technical support and maintenance on company products
* ensure full adherence to the SLA
* Respond to customer needs relevant to contractual responsibilities
* Act as the product Technical expert
* Provide inputs for both internal and external contractual monthly reporting
* Actions follow up and customer needs filtering plus identify areas of potential risk within project
* Interface between the company and the customer
* Escalation key point and coordinator of any incident resolution
* Occasional out of hours support cover during major system release updates
Skills and Experience required:
* Ideally educated to a minimum of degree level in a IT/technical subject
* Good IT administrator skill set on Unix, Linux and Windows systems with DB (e.g Oracle)
* Several years' previous experience in a similar environment
* Self-driven, results orientated, customer satisfaction
* Natural forward planner who is able to articulate and formalise plans.
* Mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with the team and the customer
Must have a valid Passport and be a driver