IT Application Packager
- £350 per day
- 6 months contract
- Role based in Cambridge
As one of the most revered leaders in their industry, this technology led organisation is widely regarded as one of Britain`s global success stories. This is a fantastic opportunity to join them as we are looking for an experienced IT Application Packager to work within the Information Technology Group.
The Information Technology Group provides a range of services to support existing and future commercial activities through working closely with the business globally to develop business change initiatives. Having recently undergone an organisational transition across IT a project focused Business Change & Delivery team has been established to deliver valuable business change to support the company`s growth in an agile, resilient and scalable way.
We are looking for an Application Packager to support the delivery of IT business change projects through continuous improvement of Project Delivery Assurance and project delivery management across the IT portfolio.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
Reporting to the Platforms and Infrastructure Delivery Team Manager within the IT Business Change and Delivery team you will be responsible for the following activities and others which may arise through the development of the role:
- Experience of Application Lifecycle Management in an Enterprise environment as part of a desktop transformation project
- Strong Application Packaging experience using Flexera AdminStudio
- Expert understanding of MSI technology
- Expert understanding of APP-V
- Document package configuration
- Package defect remediation
- Experience of large OS migration projects (preferably Windows 10)
- Data Analysis and reporting skills
- Good communication skills (customer facing as you may need to speak to people in the business)
Essential Skills & Experience
- Understanding of IT project management methodologies including agile and waterfall
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Self motivated with a can do attitude and comfortable working with ambiguity