The company is in the process of building up a Development Services organisation.
Development Services will embrace the full software life cycle, including Architecture, SOA Governance, Development (OSB, BPEL, BPM, Java), Test, Build and Deployment.
A vacancy exists for an OSB architect with strong skills in various technical aspects of the Oracle SOA Suite middle-ware stack combined with good leading and mentoring skills.
• Developing OSB enterprise platform, be a technical platform mentor and sparring partner for solution architects
• Provide platform roadmap overviews
• Be technical lead for major platform projects
• Ensure the future platform focusing on stability, performance and availability
• Understand the business and customer needs to introduce technical solutions that meet or exceed needs
• Take ownership and responsibility of implemented solutions
• Participate in the architectural review and approval of application designs and technology selections for projects
• Understand and contribute to Enterprise IT strategies; adhere to compliance regulations and development guidelines
• Solid written and verbal communication skills and able to articulate the technically complex subjects to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Able to develop scalable solutions that can be utilised by current and future channels – e.g. mobile
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple tasks
• Stakeholder management and interpersonal skills at both a technical and non-technical level.
• Able to work in a collaborative environment
• Understanding the importance of real business engagement in all stages of IT product life-cycle working in both waterfall and agile delivery methodologies
• Good critical reasoning and problem solving skills – sticks to the problem until it is resolved
• Customer-orientated, whether responding to support queries or developing new functionality
• Strong hands on experience on Oracle SOA Suite, BPEL, OSB, Java/JEE, Web Services, SOAP, REST, WSDL, XSD, XML, JSON, XSLT, XPath, XQuery, JMS, SoapUI etc.
• Experience with system design, configuration, customization, integration, testing and support
• Experience with large Full Life Cycle project implementations
• Experience of setting, refining and implementing technical standards
• Experience in defining and leading technical development of projects
• Experience within a customer focused environment
• Experience of modern software engineering techniques e.g.
o Test-Driven Development (TDD)
o Continuous Integration (CI)
o Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
o Consumption and production of Application programming interfaces (API’s)
o Version Control Systems (Subversion / GIT)
o Code validation and quality analysis
As a group, the companies business success is built on a number of strengths: size and global reach, financial strength, talented employees, time-honoured values, our approach to sustainability and continuous drive to innovate. Combined, these strengths form a unique platform for the organisation’s continued success and future growth