About the role
The responsibilities of the role are varied and encompass skills and tasks ranging from implementation to troubleshooting, as well as development on new functionality/software, upgrades and project delivery whilst collaboratively working with our customers.
What you will do:
* · Develop python programs within GIS domain.
* · Develop FME workbenches (Feature Manipulation Engine) to extract, transform and load spatial data.
* · Write and build SQL scripts.
* · Support applications and deployment of corporate GIS software (MapInfo and ESRI).
* · To operate in accordance to standards and procedures within the service area.
* · To communicate effectively and apply customer care principles at all levels.
* · Manage third party suppliers ensuring that support and costs are to the benefit of Service Birmingham.
* · To manage, propose, discuss and evaluate potential solutions with internal/external service providers and implement agreed solutions or workarounds as directed.
* · Proactively notify customers/business owners of changes, problems and projected solutions and respond within SLA.
* · Ensure team is resolving assigned incidents within agreed SLA.
* · Ensure the team responds to escalated incidents according to their priorities within agreed SLA.
* · Follow Asset Management Process and update in line with KPIs.
* · Knowledge of the Ordnance Survey Public Services Mapping Agreement.
* · Ensuring that the team is following ISO20000 policies and guidelines while undertaking job responsibilities.
* · Ability to manage the team in order to achieve service delivery within an agreed SLA.
* · Ensuring the team document new solutions and reference information in knowledgebase.
* · Manage the development of user documentation.
* · Proactively maintain and develop knowledge of specialist area.
* · Lead in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of support and technologies
Your experience will include:
* · Experience of supporting and developing GIS solutions in an enterprise environment.
* · Technical experience in Python programming.
* · Technical experience of utilizing FME.
* · Knowledge of providing support to a customer base across a wide range of corporate applications and desktops.
* · Experience of managing 3rd line support in relation to hardware/software incidents affecting multiple users, across the IT estate.
* · Experience of supporting/troubleshooting and data integration processes (using REST and SOAP web services).
* · Experience of supporting spatial databases (ideally Oracle).
* · Experience of backend server administration, ability to carry out scheduled tasks and batch processes.
* · Successful track record of managing a team resolving incident related calls.
* · Proven ability to identify, troubleshoot and solve high level complex, multi user problems at both a hardware/software and application level.
* · Knowledge and experience of installing a broad range of GIS and LLPG technologies on Server platforms.
* · Experience in running/managing mid-range projects from inception through to completion.
* · Excellent written communication skills with the ability to document standards and procedures, paying attention to detail.
* · Excellent verbal communication to explain solutions to customers/ high profile users in a clear and concise manner.
* · Ability to work methodically, quickly and accurately.
* · Ability to assist in the resolution of large scale, service affecting incidents and deal with customers/ colleagues in a calm and methodical manner.
* · Ability to work under pressure, to agreed timescales and be able to take charge/control in the situation of receiving a high priority incident.
* · Ability to work flexibly and as part of the middleware team to meet Service Birmingham objectives.
* · Excellent customer care/technical and managerial skills with the ability to provide advice and guidance and implement working solutions.
* · Use initiative, be self-motivated and have a positive attitude to work.
* · Knowledge of prioritising activities in line with SLAs and work to agreed deadlines in a schedule.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us