Lantec is one of the UK’s leading IT services and logistics provider with expertise in EPOS, Card Terminal and client server installations. Our clients range from small independent retailers to large corporate clients such as; Waitrose, Tesco, Lloyds Bank, WorldPay and so forth. Established for over 18 years Lantec employs over 300 staff throughout the UK, with an annual turnover of £12 million.
We work hard to give our customers a better experience and we’re all about rewarding hard work through recognition and progression. As an employee of Lantec, you will find variety in your role, have the autonomy to think outside of the box and really apply yourself.
Lantec are now looking for now requires a hands-on, self-motivated Software Developer with broad experience in MySQL, MSSQL, .NET C#, PHP to join our team with a focus on developing and enhancing our management information availability. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to really carve their own path and make a difference!
Accountabilities of the Software Developer role:
- Delivery of technical solutions that meet client & company expectations.
- Understanding and support of existing .NET software
- Development of new management information software to access MSSQL and My SQL databases
- Demonstration of adding value to the company’s business.
- Accountable for the timely delivery of software in accordance with specified quality standards.
- Adherence to required technical standards on a project-by-project basis.
- Responsible that software created matches provided specifications.Key Competencies of the Software Developer role
- Various SQL derivative database familiarity
- Experience of variety of software languages and ability to learn new if required
- Innovation - Demonstration of creativity in solutions that reflect either the company’s or our clients' priorities.
- Ability to work within a team and engage with technical partners
- Demonstration of company values
- Company contribution - Development and distribution of experience and knowledge which leads to a measurable impact on building/service delivery across the company e.g. contributing to knowledge sharing/best practice, participating and delivering training to build knowledge for self and others.
- Analytical skills - Demonstrable problem solving skills.
- Time Management - The ability to adequately manage own time and report issues quickly that will affect the ability to deliver within a particular timescale. The ability to estimate the time a task will take accurately.Knowledge required in becoming the successful Software Developer:
- Good written & verbal communication skills If you feel you have the skills, experience, passion & enthusiasm they are seeking, then please get in touch.
- In return, the successful Software Developer will receive a salary which is dependent on experience + company benefits package.
Software-System Architecture, Software-Web Development, Systems Analysis - IT