We are seeking a ASP.NET Web Developer responsible for building ASP.NET applications using C# to join this fantastic Travel Company based in Berkshire.
Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these layers of applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
* Creating and maintaining the ASP.NET based websites and their web applications as per the guidelines.
* Making changes to existing web applications according to the feedback received from the end users or clients. In some cases, changes are also made in order to update the application's compatibility with the latest operating systems and Framework.
* Designing back end database structures for the web applications and also generating stored procedures that are complex in nature for the software's maintenance purposes.
* Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
* Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
* Testing the applications and websites on different web browsers to ensure a standard user experience for the clients across all platforms.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* In depth knowledge about the ASP.NET framework
* Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of their ecosystems
* Good knowledge about HTML and XML mark-up languages as these are essential for any web development task.
* Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
* Skill for writing reusable libraries
* Knowledge of concurrency patterns
* Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
* Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
* Experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
* Basic understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
* Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Team Foundation Server and/or Git.
* Enhance existing systems by analysing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
* Experience to XML standards and development
* Web services APIs through web services either restful or soap
* TFS code versioning tool
* Entity Framework
* Familiarity with MVC FRAMEWORK
* Azure Cloud Services
The successful candidate can expect a salary of £25-35k DOE.
If you have the relevant experience required for this role and wish to apply for this position, please follow the instructions to apply or email and attach your CV