POLAR SPEED DISTRIBUTION LIMITED
Polar Speed, a UPS company, is a logistics company and innovative provider of temperature sensitive transportation and pharmaceutical supply chain solutions in the UK.
Senior Business Systems Analyst (UK) - Monday to Friday
BASED LEIGHTON BUZZARD
Salary - Attractive (dependant on experience)
Polar Speed has a reputation for quality, compliance, operational and customer facing technology and monitoring solutions in the growing temperature-sensitive pharmaceutical logistics market in the UK. The company specialises in active temperature-controlled deliveries to hospitals, pharmacies, wholesalers and medical care surgeries as well as to end patients which it serves through its homecare business. Its customers include some of the best known pharmaceutical brands in the world.
Purpose of Role:
Formulate and define systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and broad knowledge plus understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.Responsible for guiding and advising junior Business Systems Analysts.Actively participate in all phases of the SCLC supporting Technical Design as well as all the Test phases.Provide interface between IS and the functional organisation.
Main Accountabilities and Associated Activities:
Responsible for Requirements Validation of Business, Organisational and Operational Requirements.Evaluate procedures and processes employed by BSA departmentTake a leading role in department projects.Report to BSA Manager the progress and issue status for all applicable projects.Support the implementation as well as Testing (System and UAT) phases.Responsible for documenting Business Requirements and Functional Requirements.Supervise lower level BSA Analysts
- Education Level: Bachelor degree in computer science, I.S, Business Management, Information Technology
- 5-8+ years' experience in the logistics industry, operating networks and warehouse management such s slotting, allocation, picking, packing, shipping, receipts and returns would be advantageous.
- Logistics experience preferred but not essential.
- Excellent analysis, investigative, inter-personal communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in UML and Use Case analysis tools, process modelling, object modelling, specification writing and business writing, broad knowledge of different business implications of the application and technology (MS,SQL) C# and the software development lifecycle (RUP).