At Cactus.Technology we pride ourselves on giving our candidates the best possible chance of success, we offer various services to enhance the candidate's journey through the hiring and onboarding process. I am currently working with a high-tech company that offers substantial growth opportunities, the company has grown from strength to strength and has so far increased its talent by 50%. Hence the selection criteria are very hard and we are looking for candidates who can bring something different to the table, who are able to a different perspective, whether you have a purely academic background or have extensive industry-specific experience, you will be considered. Main Responsibilities
- Work within the team of mechanical, control, electronics, firmware engineers, and physicists, to build on the proprietary actuator system and control algorithms that the company has developed to meet the needs of the market.
- Interface with the company's partners and customers to understand their requirements and to deliver the assistance that they need to use our product, including assisting in technology transfer to high volume mass production.
- Develop and improve methods and procedures to enhance and assess the performance of the system (interaction of mechanics, control and electronics).
- Develop, maintain, document and improve product specifications, qualification standards and test methods.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree from a top university in Engineering/Physical Science
- Previous experience in developing technology or technology transfer
- Strong skills in experimental design and analysis
Software skills, in C#, MATLAB, Python, or another programming/scripting languages
The company is offering a wide range of benefits from a market-led salary which gives the most competitive edge, in addition to the usual breakfasts, cycle to work, a starting holiday of 25 days in addition to the 8 bank holiday days, private medical insurance, and much more.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- >4 years experience in industry, ideally working in commercialisation of a product
- Experience or understanding of control theory and systems (sensors, actuators, controllers)
- Experience of manufacturing environments and quality control
- A working understanding of mechanical systems and experience in testing them
- A working understanding of electronics hardware
- An appreciation of mechanical design
- A working understanding of microprocessors
If you are interested in finding out more, then get in touch by applying, or simply send in an application