Software Developer - Oxfordshire
My client, a leading packaging company is looking for a results focussed and analytical Software Developer to specify, design and implement software applications in support of the business and its customers. Flexible use of different software application platforms required to support a range of project types including web development, control systems and data acquisition.
* You would be working with the Software Development Team Leader to capture requirements for software developments in support of the business or its customers and develop plans for delivery.
* There would be flexible use of software application platforms required to meet the requirement specification. This may include ASP.Net, HTML, Java, VB.Net, Girder, C# as appropriate to the application.
* Working with the software development team, design appropriate applications to meet requirement specifications using appropriate software platform technologies.
* Individually or as part of a team, code, test and document software applications as required by design.
* You would work with the IT Support team on various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions of IT systems (where software is required) - e.g. conference room control systems etc.
* End user IT support when necessary working with other team members across a diverse range of IT technologies in science and engineering based R&D organisation.
* Utilisation of teams existing processes for documentation and coding standards.
* You will be offered opportunities for team sessions on best practices for software development, continually investigating new methods for improvement.
* Preferably one year's minimum experience in a similar role, with preference to an engineering or science environment.
* You will also be offered travel of 1-3 weeks to USA sites, per year.
£22,000 - £30,000 Per-year depending on skills and experience