The Security Systems Support Engineer (SSE) is an embedded role, with one of Pinkerton's largest clients (Fortune 500 company). The SSE will on a day-to-day basis, manage and maintain a strong working relationship with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the timely triaging, escalation, resolution, and coordination of all activities relating to the enterprise electronic security system to minimize system downtime.
The Engineer provides reactive (including out of hours on call) first-line technical support to service requests with remote diagnosis and resolution of system faults and proactively monitors the health of all security systems and devices. This position can be based anywhere (remote) within the United Kingdom.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Maintain currency (working practices, risk, threat, regulatory, standards, technology) to ensure the delivery of the essential skills of the role.
- Maintain accurate, up to date trackers/reporting tools and provide daily, weekly, and monthly reporting metrics.
- Mitigate any associated risks and develop (with the appointed installation provider) a coordinated project schedule/plan.
- Monitor the various email security support aliases, triage, prioritise, and respond within the agreed response times.
- Ensure all faults are captured accurately in the tracker ticketing system.
- Provide remote investigation, first line support of all security systems, with escalations to appropriate resources.
- Provide first line support to the Security Operations Centre's for all reported security system issues, escalating accordingly after triage.
- Provide first line diagnostics of system issues prior to call outs being raised with the security vendor.
- Following first line review and diagnostics of any security system faults, provide supporting information of the issue to the security vendor to enable them to provide a costing for site attendance or to expediate a quicker resolution provides estimated cost based upon the approved ROM calculator.
- Obtain confirmation from the business owner of related break-fix costs and once approved provide purchase order confirmation to the point of contact or the security vendor and instruct to attend site.
- Record and keep updated the break-fix call out log tracking and ticketing system at all stages, so it reflects the latest status of the call out/issue. This will include escalation, update, rectification notes, financials, and any associated correspondence.
- Coordinate any works and site visits relating to the security systems with other parties and stakeholders on site following their processes as required.
- Support with the coordination and oversee the execution of the planned preventative maintenance delivery by approved security vendors and validate their work in accordance with the clients' expectations.
- Review any remediation proposal provided by the approved security vendors to ensure suitability prior to submittal for client for approval.
- Escalate any concerns which impact on the security systems' performance to the EMEA Supplier Manager.
- Perform routine daily, weekly, and monthly spot checks on the systems to verify their correct operations and where required provide reports.
- Conduct signal review - using the site signal trace – identify any items in the system tree that need review and provide a detailed breakdown of each devices reported activity along with any devices needing special attention.
- Support the EMEA Supplier Manager with managing the EMEA approved security device/vendor list by providing feedback and input on supplier/device performance with recommendations for areas of improvement.
- Contribute to the development and continual improvement of the EMEA regional specific standards, processes and supporting documentation. Ensure all processes are optimized and continually aligned to the client requirements.
- All other duties assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree and five or more years of experience gained in an engineering capacity of installing, servicing, commissioning, technical support role, managing the deployment of standalone and integrated physical electronic security systems.
- Thorough understanding of IT principles and practices.
- Good understanding of enterprise security in a business environment.
- Solid understanding of security operations, design, and systems integration.
- Understanding of security systems Analog and IP CCTV, Access Control, Intrusion – intimate knowledge of Lenel, Milestone and Galaxy are desirable but the ability to learn these systems is critical.
- Knowledge of local code/regulation/legislation knowledge for EMEA is desirable.
- Able to take accountability and ownership of issues, actions, decisions, and outcomes.
- Adaptable to work variations while ensuring on-going performance effectiveness.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
General-Other: Engineering, Systems Analysis - IT, General-Other: Security-Protective Services