At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate. We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area. And we have huge ambitions. Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come. So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Are you looking for a role where you can use your experience to bring about real change within a proactive and environmentally conscious company?
We currently have an opportunity available for an Application Specialist to join our team working in Exeter with a mix of office-based working and home working. Joining us on a full-time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £35,000 - £46,000 per annum plus excellent benefits, including a £3,000 relocation expenses allowance!
About the role:
As our Application Specialist, you will make sure critical applications, interfaces and databases are secure, resilient, highly available and cost-efficient to support key business processes, and can scale to allow planned growth and change. This includes the administration of databases including SQL Server and Oracle.
Our Application Assurance team sits within Corporate Applications alongside two other teams, Data and BI, and Solution Delivery. Alongside this the IT department supports:
· 3000 colleagues and external partners that use our systems
· 2500 Telemetry outstations collecting information about our assets
· 200 process control systems on our larger Drinking Water and Waste Water sites
· 300 physical and 1000 virtual servers
· 250 databases and over 100 software applications
· 2700 PCs and 1400 tablets and mobile phones
· 1200 network assets such as routers, switches, Microwave links
· Store and backup 3.5 Petabytes of data, equivalent to storing 780,000 movies!
As our Application Specialist you’ll benefit from working with over 100 experienced IT professionals within the department.
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
Closing Date: Wednesday 11th May 2022Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness. Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders
.· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.